Run-time error -214767259 (80004005): Method 'Return Address' of oject "Envelope" failed.

Reaction score
Has anyone found a cure ? No one seems to want to own this failure. If there's a fix I'd sure like to know where. I have found many "let me seel you this ' offers but with a 2017 pro edition of qb and a 30 day old Dell with a fresh OS I'm thinking Ishouldn't be paying for anything. Very disappointed in both Microsoft and QuickBooks for this one.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
What makes you think Microsoft is responsible for a problem you're having with QuickBooks? Furthermore, how is this related to Word (you have posted this in a Word forum, after all)?

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You haven't posted any code, so there's nothing to follow. Regardless, dodgy QuickBooks code doesn't in any sense make Microsoft responsible for the problem.

Reaction score
Has anyone found a cure ? No one seems to want to own this failure. If there's a fix I'd sure like to know where. I have found many "let me seel you this ' offers but with a 2017 pro edition of qb and a 30 day old Dell with a fresh OS I'm thinking Ishouldn't be paying for anything. Very disappointed in both Microsoft and QuickBooks for this one.

Did you ever get a fix? I've had the same issue for the past year. When i print mass-mail letters through QkBks and then try to print the envelopes, I get ...
Method ‘ReturnAddress’ of object ‘Envelope’ failed ‘-2147467259 (80004005)’:
QkBks won't help me unless I pay for their support services. I just paid for QkBks 2019, had hoped it would fix the problem, but it didn't. It doesn't seem fair to have to pay to get their program to work. I've been told it's a "glitch" between QkBks and Word, but we just ran a Microsoft Office repair and that didn't fix it either.
Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question