Sample code needed to calculate total and percentage based on checkboxes....assistance please!!!!

J

Joseph Shealaday

If first, last, state, and zip fields are correct, the "Correct" check boxes are selected. If the data is incorrect (in the example - address, city, and phone), the "incorrect" check box is selected. Since 4 of 7 fields are correct, I need to display the average score in percentage on the form (4/7 = 57%).

For example (on my audit form):

Correct Incorrect
First Name: John x
Last Name: Doe x
Address: 12345 Any St. x
City: AnyTown x
State: Zip x
Zip: 98765 x
Phone: 999-999-9999 x
Score: (result displayed as %)

* Do I use the Abs ()? If so, how? I would like to create a command button that does this automatically? Thanks everyone for your assistance.

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx

K

KARL DEWEY

How is the data stored? You have to reference each check box in some manner.
How do you extract the information from the 'Correct' box for First Name?

J

Joseph Shealaday

Access (frontend), MySQL (backend)via ODBC. I created a new table in Access for the form to use. Created an append query to the data from the linked MySQL table to the new Access table (then bind the form to the new Access table).

I added a command button to run the append query from the form. I want add check boxes on the (audit) form for data validation then save the results and run reports based on statistical score/accuracy of the data. Do I need to create a new table to store results? Thanks for the assistance Karl. Appreciate it.

Joseph Shealaday wrote:

Sample code needed to calculate total and percentage based on check boxes....assistance please!!!!
24-Sep-09

If first, last, state, and zip fields are correct, the "Correct" check boxes are selected. If the data is incorrect (in the example - address, city, and phone), the "incorrect" check box is selected. Since 4 of 7 fields are correct, I need to display the average score in percentage on the form (4/7 = 57%).

For example (on my audit form):

Correct Incorrect
First Name: John x
Last Name: Doe x
Address: 12345 Any St. x
City: AnyTown x
State: Zip x
Zip: 98765 x
Phone: 999-999-9999 x
Score: (result displayed as %)

* Do I use the Abs ()? If so, how? I would like to create a command button that does this automatically? Thanks everyone for your assistance.

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx

J

Joseph Shealaday

Can anyone point me in the right direction or let me know if I should take another direction.

Joseph Shealaday wrote:

Sample code needed to calculate total and percentage based on check boxes....assistance please!!!!
25-Sep-09

Access (frontend), MySQL (backend)via ODBC. I created a new table in Access for the form to use. Created an append query to the data from the linked MySQL table to the new Access table (then bind the form to the new Access table).

I added a command button to run the append query from the form. I want add check boxes on the (audit) form for data validation then save the results and run reports based on statistical score/accuracy of the data. Do I need to create a new table to store results? Thanks for the assistance Karl. Appreciate it.

Web access to EnterpriseDB with Data Access Pages
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...e-f3e625e35771/web-access-to-enterprised.aspx

Ask a Question