Save As HTML and Windows Explorer?

V

Victor

With Word XP on Windows 2000, when I do a Save As "Web Page, filtered", I get my HTM
file and a directory that contains the images.

The two seem to be linked. Even if I edit the HTM file with a text editor and delete
this line,
<meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

if I delete the HTM file, the directory and contents are automatically deleted. And if I
delete the directory, same thing, the HTM file is automatically deleted.

What, exactly, is the mechanism here? And how do I "unlink" the file from the directory?

Thanks,

Vic

B

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Victor,

If you're deleting the file from inside of Word then that would be normal behavior.

If you're deleting it from Windows Explorer without Word running then the Windows Explorer setting

Tools=>Folder Options=>View=>"Managing pairs of web pages and folders"

may be in play.
==========
With Word XP on Windows 2000, when I do a Save As "Web Page, filtered", I get my HTM
file and a directory that contains the images.

The two seem to be linked. Even if I edit the HTM file with a text editor and delete
this line,
<meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

if I delete the HTM file, the directory and contents are automatically deleted. And if I
delete the directory, same thing, the HTM file is automatically deleted.

What, exactly, is the mechanism here? And how do I "unlink" the file from the directory?

Thanks,

Vic >>
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Ask a Question