Save multiple active sheets as one PDF

M

momenta

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I'm having a heck of a time figuring this one out. I have a workbook that has multiple sheets setup as a budget proposal. I want to print all four sheets in one PDF. I select the first sheet, hold the shift key and select the last sheet so all sheets are active. Then, I go to File|Print and I see that under Print What, Active Sheets is selected and that pages 1 thru 4 show up in the Quick Preview window. I click on the PDF button in the lower left and select Save as PDF. Instead of saving it as one PDF file with all the sheets in it, I just get the last sheet. When it goes thru the motions it appears to be saving each sheet, but the result is one PDF file containing the last of the 4 active sheets. When I change the selection under Print What to Entire Workbook, it creates 4 separate PDF files, each with the name of the corresponding active worksheet. So that's closer, but still...

What am I doing wrong here? It prints to a printer just fine, but I should be able to have what I want in that PDF.

Thanks in advance.

Curt

C

CyberTaz

You're doing nothing wrong Curt... It's just that the PDF generator Apple
provides is a "stripped down" version which doesn't have the grunt to do
what you want. In a nutshell it reads the "end of sheet" code as "end of
file". Regardless of whether you do the Print or Save As direction you'll
get the same thing.

You need to either have Adobe Acrobat [8.0 or later I believe] or
comparable... There may be other PDF generators capable of this but I
honestly don't know of one. Or you need to "stitch" the multiple PDFs
together into a single file using one of the available utilities out there.

You can also combine PDFs using Apple's Preview app in Leopard: Open the
first PDF in Preview, make sure you have the Drawer open then bring a Finder
window up & drag the other PDFs into the Drawer.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question