Saving Outlook 2000 data when upgrading

B

Bagwash

I'm about to upgrade from Office 2000 to 2010. Can anyone suggest a way to
save my data (pst files, I think) is such a way that they can easily be
accessed after the upgrade?, perhaps a Word files?

G

Gordon

"Bagwash" wrote in message

See here how to migrate Outlook data.
Be aware that 2000 uses the old ANSI format pst file whereas 2010 uses the new UNICODE pst file, which is far more robust and capable of growing to 20GB natively, unlike the 2GB limit in the old format.
You would be well advised to create a new pst file in 2010, set it as the default delivery location, and either copy your old data to it (do NOT import) or just leave the old file open in Outlook.

HTH

B

Bagwash

Many thanks for this: looks most helpful (for when I'm sure I've got some time in hand to cope with the upgrade and possibly learning new tricks).

Be aware that 2000 uses the old ANSI format pst file whereas 2010 uses the new UNICODE pst file, which is far more robust and capable of growing to 20GB natively, unlike the 2GB limit in the old format.
You would be well advised to create a new pst file in 2010, set it as the default delivery location, and either copy your old data to it (do NOT import) or just leave the old file open in Outlook.

HTH

G

Gordon

Many thanks for this: looks most helpful (for when I'm sure I've got some time in hand to cope with the upgrade and possibly learning new tricks).

HTH

You’re welcome!

Ask a Question