SECURE CONNECTIONS

Y

yanick

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel
Email Client: pop

I had been using Mail from Apple with no issues at all, I received Office 2008 Mac, installed it and decided to try using Entourage for my mail and right from the start when I try to send emails I get this message.

"Unable to establish a secure connection to myservername.com because the server name or IP address does not match the name or IP address on the server's certificate.

If you continue, the information you view and send will be encrypted, but will not be secure."

I have called my hosting company and everything is working fine on the server side. I have gone back and forth to Mail and it is working fine, so can anyone tell me why Entourage is giving me this message and is there a solution? Did I miss something in my settings?

T

torni

We are experiencing the exact same issue, and cannot get this warning to go away no matter what. Also appears that Entourage actually starts its sync before the warning, making it seem all the more of an annoyance.

we currently use the OWA style of accessing with SSL (cert installed properly as far as I know) and everything works well. I am thinking the issue is because of the difference in our internal and external domains? For example:

company: smith jones & barney
windows AD domain: smithjones.com
OWA : <https://mail.smb.com/owa>

does Entourage struggle with the difference between smithjones.com and the certificate using mail.smb.com?

Is there a way to turn this off, trust it, or avoid such hassle when it is obviously connecting through SSL properly?

Thanks!

Ask a Question