Security Warning Pop-Up Window

C

Confused Alaskan

I purchased a new computer last week and installed Office Professional 2003. I created a new Access database, and whenever I open it, a pop-up window delivers a "Security Warning: Unsafe Expressions are not blocked" It then tells me that in order to "block unsafe expressions, Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed...

Well, I know the database is safe, because I just created it. Still, I checked out the service pack which is for Windows 2000. Furthermore, when I check for Windows updates, the scan reveals that my system is current. There is no checkbox to keep this message from appearing - does anyone know how I can get rid of this annoying window??

Thanks!

J

John Vinson

I purchased a new computer last week and installed Office Professional 2003. I created a new Access database, and whenever I open it, a pop-up window delivers a "Security Warning: Unsafe Expressions are not blocked" It then tells me that in order to "block unsafe expressions, Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed..."

Well, I know the database is safe, because I just created it. Still, I checked out the service pack which is for Windows 2000. Furthermore, when I check for Windows updates, the scan reveals that my system is current. There is no checkbox to keep this message from appearing - does anyone know how I can get rid of this annoying window???

Thanks!

This is a real annoyance. To suppress the message select Tools...
Security, and set the security level to Low.

Alternatively you can get a digital code signature from Thwate or
another authority. These cost some $400 and appear to be available
only to corporations, not individuals.

Ask a Question