S

SRU

I often use the "Send to mail recipient" option in my Excel 2007 to send a
single sheet in an email, rather than attach the file. But this option is now
dimmed and won't run. I've deleted it from the toolbar and reinstalled it,
rebooted, etc., etc. All the other options in the tool bar continue to
function as they should. And the option to email an excel file still works as
it should. I must have done something to disable this option, but I can't
figure it out. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Mike

P

Philippe Devarieux

I got the same matter on Windows 7 and Office 2010. As I am part of a professional network, I programmed Office record my files as "old Office 2003" files, both in Word and Excel. Several of my colleagues still are on XP and Office 2003, so it is better for them. I use "send to mail recipient" from Word without any matter but it does not work in Excel. Yesterday, I discovered one way to make it work: to cancel the record of files in ".xls" mode but in ".xlsx" or ".xlsb" mode (Excel, File menu; Options, Record file with format:). Since this, the "send to mail recipient" works fine. I think there is a bug in Office 2010 as it should work with.xls format. Did you try this and is it same for you?

B

Blake

The option in Excel 2010 listed as "Send to mail recipient" is for the new ..xlsx format of files. If you are working on older format, or choose to save in compatibility mode (97-2003) .xls format then you need to use the command "Email" which can be found under All Commands.

Ask a Question