Sent mail not showing in preview pane - using Pop account

S

Supy

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: pop

Hi there,

I've read through the forum for a similar question/answer, but couldn't find anything to address my problem. I haven't had any issues viewing my Sent Mail until today. For some reason, all of a sudden, in Sent Mail, in the Preview Pane, there are no messages - let me clarify - the list of messages are shown (the Sender and subject), but in the preview pane, there is nothing there when I click on a message. I haven't made any changes to my settings, don't have any rules setup, etc.

There is one other thing I noticed in the Sent Mail folder which I think may have something to do with this sudden problem. I sent an email yesterday with various attachments (gif, tif, and pdf files). When I look in the sent mail, I see the list of all my messages (list only, nothing shown in the preview pane), but that particular email is missing. There is actually a "blank" space in the list, where I believe the message is. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but when looking at the list, there is literally an empty space in between one message and the next. I can't click on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Diane Ross

here is actually a "blank" space in the list, where I believe the message is.
Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but when looking at the list, there is
literally an empty space in between one message and the next. I can't click on
it.

Sounds like database corruption. You need to rebuild your database.

How to rebuild:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/rebuild.html>

Make a duplicate in the Finder first as additional backup. A rebuild does
make a duplicate, but sometimes in the process the original and backup get
merged resulting in total disaster. It's rare but it happens.

S

Supy

Yikes - I'm not much of an IT person, so I'm a bit intimidated by rebuilding. I'll try it though. Thanks Diane for your quick response.

Supriya

Ask a Question