Shading inside a heading

Reaction score
I'm using Heading 2 in this document, but it has two shadings. The light blue shading I want, but the background of the font has a gray shading, as can be observed in the Modify style window. I can't seem to find where that is defined. I want to get rid of that gray background.
Untitled.png

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Click on that Format button (bottom left) and select Borders. Then click on the Shading tab, and select No Colour from the Fill section.

Reaction score
I tried that, but as you can see the light blue fill is assigned there. There appears to be a background gray fill for just the font portion, which I don't know where it is defined. The "Apply to" only has "Paragraph" available. I've tried several other fonts as well.

upload_2016-8-17_13-4-44.png

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You haven't chosen the 'No fill' option from the 'Fill' dropdown.

Reaction score
I want the light blue fill as a background. The gray seems to only apply to where the letters are. I need to somehow make that gray be clear. If you look at the box I drew around the pattern designation. I says "Gray". I don't know where that is defined.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It appears someone has defined the text shading as grey. You can use the same dialogue to edit that - simply select 'Text' from the 'Apply to' dropdown, then choose whatever shading (or not) you want.

Reaction score
Where can I find the "Apply to" drop down. I also tried highlighting the text itself, right clicking and selecting "Font." nothing there either. BTW, that window doesn't show any gray background.

Reaction score
I only get a "Paragraph" option.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 395

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It would appear, then, that the text shading has not be applied as part of the Style definition dialogue. An alternative way of achieving the same end is to reformat a Heading 2 paragraph with the desired attributes via the Borders & Shading button on the Ribbon's Home tab, then right-click on the paragraph and choose Styles>Update Heading 2 to match selection.

Ask a Question