Sign, encrypt and decrypt in a Citrix session

D

David H. Lipman

We use a Smart Card to; sign, encrypt and decrypt email in Outlook 2003. We also use the
Smart Card for Domain authentication and for VPN authentication when the user is on the road
with a notebook.

Our organization has a Citrix server. You access the server via a https URL. It will then
require you to point to your Smart Card email certificate and then enter the Smart Card PIN
to access the company Citrix web site. The user can then click on an Outlook Icon and
execute Outlook 2003 on the Citrix server. However, how can a person; sign, encrypt and
decrypt email when using the Outlook on the Citrix Server ?

We have a user who is on temporary duty ~3,000 miles away. She can't use our company Cisco
VPN solution because the MIS groups send the VPN password via an encrypted email. (Password
used in conjunction with VPN Smart Card authentication)

I have tried testing exporting certificates from IE but it states that the Private Key can't
be exported. I tried testing exporting certificates from within Outlook but it generates an
error message stating the certificates can't be exported. I was hoping that maybe the
Certificates can be imported manually on the Citrix server but I can't export them such that
when in Citrix I can then import them and setup the signing/encrypting options in Outlook

Does anybody have any ideas what I can do ?

Ask a Question