Simple list numbering

S

Steve L.

PUULEEEEASE.
All I want to do is have a header and then a numbered list starting at one under each new heading.
All the headings will be formatted the same as well as the numbered list. I can't seem to find a way to do this so
that anyone who uses the form can just start typing and not have to have Masters degree from MS to figure out the
convoluted method of formatting in Word.

It should look like this:

Header
1. list item
2. list item
Header
1. list item
2. list item
And so on

If anyone has a template for this or instructions or recommendations for alternate software that is efficient in
making simple lists I'd appreciate it very mucho.

S

Steve L.

By the way I'm using word 2003 but the other compter has word 2000 (as part of Office 2000)

| PUULEEEEASE.
| All I want to do is have a header and then a numbered list starting at one under each new heading.
| All the headings will be formatted the same as well as the numbered list. I can't seem to find a way to do this
so
| that anyone who uses the form can just start typing and not have to have Masters degree from MS to figure out the
| convoluted method of formatting in Word.
|
| It should look like this:
|
| Header
| 1. list item
| 2. list item
| Header
| 1. list item
| 2. list item
| And so on
|
| If anyone has a template for this or instructions or recommendations for alternate software that is efficient in
| making simple lists I'd appreciate it very mucho.
|
|

S

Steve L.

OOOps, I mean I have word 2002.
Sorry.

| By the way I'm using word 2003 but the other compter has word 2000 (as part of Office 2000)
|
| | PUULEEEEASE.
| | All I want to do is have a header and then a numbered list starting at one under each new heading.
| | All the headings will be formatted the same as well as the numbered list. I can't seem to find a way to do this
| so
| | that anyone who uses the form can just start typing and not have to have Masters degree from MS to figure out
the
| | convoluted method of formatting in Word.
| |
| | It should look like this:
| |
| | Header
| | 1. list item
| | 2. list item
| | Header
| | 1. list item
| | 2. list item
| | And so on
| |
| | If anyone has a template for this or instructions or recommendations for alternate software that is efficient
in
| | making simple lists I'd appreciate it very mucho.
| |
| |
|
|

S

Steve L.

Thanks Shauna. I'll let you know how it works.

| Hi Steve
|
| First, some terminology. A header is something that appears at the top of every page. A heading is what you're
probably talking
| about.
|
| The following page may help:
|
| How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word Document
| http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html
|
|
| Hope this helps.
|
| Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
| http://www.shaunakelly.com/word
| Melbourne, Australia
|
|
| > OOOps, I mean I have word 2002.
| > Sorry.
| >
| > | By the way I'm using word 2003 but the other compter has word 2000 (as part of Office 2000)
| > |
| > | | PUULEEEEASE.
| > | | All I want to do is have a header and then a numbered list starting at one under each new heading.
| > | | All the headings will be formatted the same as well as the numbered list. I can't seem to find a way to do
this
| > | so
| > | | that anyone who uses the form can just start typing and not have to have Masters degree from MS to figure
out
| > the
| > | | convoluted method of formatting in Word.
| > | |
| > | | It should look like this:
| > | |
| > | | Header
| > | | 1. list item
| > | | 2. list item
| > | | Header
| > | | 1. list item
| > | | 2. list item
| > | | And so on
| > | |
| > | | If anyone has a template for this or instructions or recommendations for alternate software that is
efficient
| > in
| > | | making simple lists I'd appreciate it very mucho.
| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |
| >
| >
|
|

Ask a Question