Since upgrading to Office 2008 all mail goesinto the Junk Folder . . .

F

FarmerBob

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop .. . . why? With Office/Entourage 2004 all my mail went right where it was suppose to without any Rules. Now the only mail that goes into the Inbox is by a Rule. And Protection Level is None.

D

Diane Ross

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power
PC Email Client: pop . . . why? With Office/Entourage 2004 all my mail
went right where it was suppose to without any Rules. Now the only mail
that goes into the Inbox is by a Rule. And Protection Level is None.

You must have a rule that is moving the message. The most likely culprit
is the Mailing List Manager (MLM). It's very easy to set up a MLM rule
by accident, when you are marking a message as 'not junk'. The wording
of that dialog is ambiguous to say the least. Check if there is an MLM
entry (look for MLM entries under the tools menu) with the incorrect
destination folder as the target folder. Mailing List Manager rules run
before your other rules.

F

FarmerBob

Thank you for your reply. But if you read what I wrote, the only way to get a message to the Inbox now is by a Rule. There are no MLM's and it was not this way in v2004. My transition was a direct unaltered upgrade to Office 2008 where the database, as always, was altered so I could not revert. Mail hitting the wrong box happened with the first batch that I received in v2008. So the only explanation has to be something in v2004 does not jive with v2008.

As of this evening I have decided to bite the bullet and move to Thunderbird with more control in all areas especially Junk Mail and Add-ons that will give me more and varied features. Although, I find it humorous that Outlook is being brought back and Entourage is being dumped in Office 2010, that I will have to get for Word. I have PC people that have no other skills than the ability to use Word. So I have to be able to read their docs. The old Mac version of Outlook is the reason that I, a Mac user, use a M$ product because when I first needed an eMail client, Outlook was the only one with any meat and it was free. This makes me severely interested in what the new release might have in store and will be very curious. But I have been reading that there are many features that are being touted as "the best" carried over from the PC side that are the curse to end all curses. So . . . . we'll see.

So for now . . . Thanks and Good Bye.

D

Diane Ross

But if you read what I wrote, the only way to get a message to the Inbox
now is by a Rule. There are no MLM's and it was not this way in v2004.

Have you checked each of your Rule folder destinations? By default all
mail goes to the Inbox. Only a rule can move it. You seem to have given
up quickly on finding the problem. This is very common and one of the
easiest to fix. YMMV

D

Dave User

Same problem. No rules were ever created, so no rules to delete or fix. Address book names/emails go to junk. Change the stuff in junk by saying not junk, still goes to junk on next send. Move the email to inbox - drag and drop - next email still goes to junk...
Can find no solution anywhere, but find that same thing is happening to many.. Come on Apple, where's the fix????

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Same problem. No rules were ever created, so no rules to delete or fix.

Check the Mailing List Manager.
Address book names/emails go to junk. Change the stuff in junk by
saying not junk, still goes to junk on next send. Move the email to
inbox - drag and drop - next email still goes to junk...
Can find no solution anywhere, but find that same thing is happening to
many.. Come on Apple, where's the fix????

The same thing has been happening to many users and it has *always*
been messed-up Rules or Mailing List Manager.

Corentin

Ask a Question