Slide Master issues

E

elpada

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Ok, i made a slide master to use when i use an applescript to insert photos similar to Photo Album under PPT 2003. On the master I made an exhibit sticker (for court) that shows the slide number. Essentially its easy to use slide 1 for exhibit 1... Problem is that I can't get the shape that is on the master to be on the top layer or get the photo to go behind the shape. Thoughts?

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Ok, i made a slide master to use when i use an applescript to insert photos similar to Photo Album
under PPT 2003. On the master I made an exhibit sticker (for court) that shows the slide number.
Essentially its easy to use slide 1 for exhibit 1... Problem is that I can't get the shape that is on the
master to be on the top layer or get the photo to go behind the shape. Thoughts?

One approach is to pick up and copy the shape from the master and paste it to each slide as you create
it.

Since your script "knows" what slide number it's just created, you could also just add your own shape to
the slide, atop the photo.

The latter's a bit simpler to implement, but I'd go with the former for a couple of reasons; two I can
think of offhand:

- If you change the formatting you want to use on the text, you just change it on the master. No need to
re-code anything.

- And the biggie, if you use the master slide number placeholder, it'll include a slide number "magic"
placeholder character even when pasted to individual slides. The slide numbers should update themselves
automatically, even if you move slides around.

E

elpada

I've given up on the master changing plan and moved onto having the script simply paste the autoshape onto the slide. As you mention the one short coming there is that i haven't found a command in the AS dictionary to insert the slide number field?

Also I'm having trouble changing the color of the shape from blue. Using the command:
set fore color of fill of shpRect to ({255, 0, 0} as RGB color)-- should be blue
changed to:
set fore color of fill of shpRect to ({176, 23,31} as RGB color)-- should be red

but i can't get the color to change. thoughts?

S

Steve Rindsberg

I've given up on the master changing plan and moved onto having the script simply paste the
autoshape onto the slide. As you mention the one short coming there is that i haven't found a
command in the AS dictionary to insert the slide number field?

In VBA,

TextFrame.TextRange.Characters(Start:=x, Length:=0).InsertSlideNumber

where x is the character position where you want to insert the number.

Also I'm having trouble changing the color of the shape from blue. Using the command:
set fore color of fill of shpRect to ({255, 0, 0} as RGB color)-- should be blue

Red, no?
changed to:
set fore color of fill of shpRect to ({176, 23,31} as RGB color)-- should be red

but i can't get the color to change. thoughts?

If it's not already filled, you'd need to set the fill to solid and visible.

Ask a Question