SlideShow feature disappeared

G

gwynedd

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

The PPT slide show feature had disappeared this morning when I was trying to review a lecture I have to give in a few days. PPT 2008 directs me to Presenter Tools instead. Presenter Tools also takes me to Presenter Tools.
I have deleted Office 2008 and preferences from my hard drive and reinstalled, but that did not help.
I never saw this with Office 2004. How can I fix this? Or must I go back to 2004?

G

gwynedd

I found the best solution to this problem. There are actually two options:
1) delete PowerPoint 2008 from your hard drive and use NeoOffice instead. It is beautiful, performs smoothly and is basically free
2) delete PowerPoint 2008 from your hard drive and use Keynote instead. It has rough edges and does not handle the old PowerPoint formatting as well, not does it transition all slides, but at least you can use the Slide Show Feature again.
It appears to me that Office 2008 was a "not ready for market" technology. I have often found NeoOffice to be a good stand-in when faced with old Office 2007 -> 2004 problems. Now I see no reason to have Office 2008 at all. NeoOffice does everything.

Ask a Question