Some edited external queries not saving, revert to old query

G

greg_y

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I have a sheet that has 23 external database queries (via ODBC to a MySQL database), each of which generally is on its own tab. Data from these queries is rolled up into a formatted weekly summary sheet for presentation purposes.

The issue is that when some of the queries are edited in MS Query, the changes are reflected in the returned data, but the new version of the query is not saved. When you "edit query" again, the old one is there, and needless to say, the next time you perform a "refresh data" it's returned in the older format.

However, some of the queries can be edited and saved properly. I can't figure out a pattern as to which queries save and which don't, other than that it seems like the ones I created more recently don't save. However, I can't guarantee that.

For the tables that don't save, "save query definition" under "data range properties" IS checked.

My kludgy workaround is to have the current SQL next to the list on each of the problem tabs, and copy and paste it via "edit query" into each problem query before running them every week. However, that's a big pain and I'm hoping there's a real solution out there.

Ask a Question