sound and slide transition from PPT to quicktime movie

H

hydrangealady

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I have a PPT presentation that I'm trying to make available for others to view that might not have PPT. Therefore I thought I would make it into a quicktime movie. The problem that I'm having is when I play the movie the music plays but the slide stays on the first one until the song is over. I also have more than one song in my presentation but from what I can tell in the system preferences quicktime can link to one song.

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I have a PPT presentation that I'm trying to make available for others to view that might not have PPT. Therefore I thought I would make it into a quicktime movie. The problem that I'm having is when I play the movie the music plays but the slide stays on the first one until the song is over. I also have more than one song in my presentation but from what I can tell in the system preferences quicktime can link to one song.

Hi,

Visit this URL and see if these instructions result in the sound playing
across more than just the first slide:
http://pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm

Please let us know by posting back whether or not this fixes the problem.

Thanks

-Jim

H

hydrangealady

My problem is not in the slide presentation. My problem is when I use the option to make a movie. power point then makes a quicktime movie. But in the movie the song plays all the way through while showing the first slide and then moves to the next slide in silence. When I looked at options for quicktime I noticed that I could only link one song. So my next problem will be that I won't be able to get the second song to play probably.

H

hydrangealady

> The Make Movie function of QuickTime isn't paricularly reliable especially

Ask a Question