SP2 does not open PPTX files!

J

jkr_itsupport

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

* WARNING* Following the installation of SP2 this morning I can no longer open PPTX files.

This is a major FUBAR by MS and I cannot stress how distressing such a problem is. MacBU, please fix this immediately.

G

ghalleen

I've run into the same thing. And, Word will not open DOCX files, and Excel will not open XLSX files.

I

Iggles14

After backing up 12.1.9, I downloaded and installed 12.2.0. I am able to open about half my files. I can't find any pattern. Some files that I've updated within the past week open and others don't. Some files that I haven't touched in a month or two open and others don't. Some were small, others large. Really bizarre.

M

MarcosM

Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is now live! This release fixes the issue where some users were unavailable to open some PowerPoint (.pptx) & Excel (.xlsx) files. The release is available for English versions today, August 6, and other languages will be available soon.

To download please visit: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>

Marcos Montenegro
Macintosh Business Unit
Microsoft Corp.

This posting is provided *AS IS* with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Ask a Question