Style Header Reformatted

Reaction score
Hello,

I am modifying a large documents (> 80 pages). which I inherited. The whole document is a mess (font inconsistencies, table inconsistencies, style inconsistencies). I have been working on it for 3 days. Day 1 I fixed all the Styles and worked on the tables (via VBA). After the first day of editing I have this. (I wold save about every half hour during the day).
Header Problem 0A.PNG

Since paragraph headers are being use (Heading x where x =1 to 6) on day 2 I realized the outline) headers where not consistent so I reapplied them and everything was consistent. I then went back to working on the tables and the text. I just noticed in the middle of day 3 that Header 1 (throughout the document) shows a black box.
Header Problem 1A.PNG

I know everything was fine at some point on day 2, but since I was saving every half an hour so I have no idea when or how this happened (my final save for day 2 has the black box). I have attempted to review and change anything in Header 1 with no luck to fix the issue. Needless to say the amount of changes in the last two days I would rather not redo.

Header 1.PNG

Any idea of what or where to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Michael J. Virostko

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
See:

Reaction score
Macropod, that worked but it messed up all the Header style. I completely redid the document :(.

Ask a Question