Style Heading 2

Reaction score
Hi,

As you will see on the attached document my Heading 2 Style is set to numbering followed by wording.

This works fine with the spacing when there is only one digit after the point but when there are two it doesn't add a space. Is there a way to add a space automatically without increasing the space on the headings where there is only one digit after the point?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Style Heading 2.docx
    36.4 KB · Views: 62

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
All you need do is to modify the Heading 2 paragraph format - specifically the hanging indent and tab-stop. Word 101.

Reaction score
All you need do is to modify the Heading 2 paragraph format - specifically the hanging indent and tab-stop. Word 101.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Are you able to change it on the attached file so that I can see what you have done?

Thanks for your help.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I could, but simply supplying the updated document won't result in you learning anything.

I suggest you do a web search on:
+Word "paragraph formatting"

There's an old addage: Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Reaction score
I could, but simply supplying the updated document won't result in you learning anything.

I suggest you do a web search on:
+Word "paragraph formatting"

There's an old addage: Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
O.K. - I don't have time to trawl through lots of videos looking for a quick solution' i'll just put a space bar in the few items I have that are affected. Thanks.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
That approach doesn't address the problem; all it will do is create more problems later on - maybe not in this document. but in others you apply such brute-force kludges to. You really need to spend more than 5 seconds or so learning the very basics of how to use Word.

Ask a Question