SUMIF Help

C

CharlieCC

Greetings.

I am running a silent auction and would like to sort the bids by bidder andthen total each person's sum. In other words, the same person may bid on multiple items that are not sequential. However, no names are entered, rather, each person has a unique bid number (in this case the numbers begin at500). Obviously, entering each bidder's number is not an efficient way (100-150 potential bidders!). What does the formula look like so that a couple of clicks will give me the information I need?

I won't even bother you with what I've tried.

Thanks for all your help.

Charlie

D

Don Guillett

Greetings.

I am running a silent auction and would like to sort the bids by bidder and then total each person's sum. In other words, the same person may bid on multiple items that are not sequential. However, no names are entered, rather, each person has a unique bid number (in this case the numbers begin at 500). Obviously, entering each bidder's number is not an efficient way (100-150 potential bidders!). What does the formula look like so that a couple of clicks will give me the information I need?

I won't even bother you with what I've tried.

Thanks for all your help.

Charlie

=SUMIF(A:A,$A2,B:B)

C

c3c5c7

Thanks, Don.

Works well with one exception. The total appears after every occurrence of the bidders number. For example, if bidder 500 bid on three items, the correct total appears on each of those rows. Any solutions?

Cheers,
Charlie

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:56:15 -0800 (PST) schrieb (e-mail address removed):
Works well with one exception. The total appears after every occurrence of the bidders number. For example, if bidder 500 bid on three items, the correct total appears on each of those rows. Any solutions?

in C2 try:
=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)=1,SUMIF(A:A,A2,B:B),"")

Regards
Claus B.

Ask a Question