sync old tasks to exchange server withEntourage Web Services edition

A

autoalchemy

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange So my understanding is that Entourage Web Services edition supports synchronization of tasks to an Exchange server of at least 2007 SP1 R4.

I upgraded a user from Entourage 12.2.3 to 13, and imported his Entourage identity.

The problem is that newly created tasks sync to Exchange server, but the old tasks do not. I tried making changes to and re-saving the old tasks, but that did not help. I have verified that our Exchange server meets the minimum requirements.

How can I get the old tasks onto the server?

A

Anu

This will only work provided your exchange account (that you want to sync to) is your default account.

Assuming this is the case, please try the following:

-Go to the Mail view
-Click on root account node in your folder list (this will be the name of the account) and ensure that the cprresponding folders are being displayed on the right pane.
-Then on the right hand side pane (not the folder list pane), please select the tasks folder and command+ click and select Synchronize.

This should try and sync up your old tasks. The same is true for notes.

Please try this and get back to me on whether this worked.

Thanks.

-Anu.

Entourage test team.
Microsoft

A

Anu

I am sorry, after re-reading your posting, I realized that you have imported these tasks. These older tasks will not sync - this is a known limitation we have as part of syncing with exchange and is in the known issues list for EWS>

You can try the following work around:-
-Drag your older tasks to the desktop/finder, these will create .ics files
-Delete your older tasks
-Drag them back into EWS, and that will create new tasks.

These new ones will be really duplicates of the older ones and will sync to exchange server correctly.

Ask a Question