Text Formatting Keeps Changing

B

Bill_Mount

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Why does some of my formatting change when I save and close a presentation? Shadows that I make black emerge gray when I reopen the presentation. Sometime text alignment changes. I put it back the way I want it, save it, and - bang - when I reopen the presentation, it's changed back. I can't detect any consistent pattern as to when this is happening, but there myst be one.

Every time I give a presentation, I have to go through it before I present and correct isolated cases of crazy shadows, goofy alignment, etc. What am I doing wrong?

if it matters, I'm relatively new to Mac (I switched a few months ago) and don't recall stuff like this happening n the PC.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

K

karenk

have the same problem and it's completely frustrating. i can't even set a font change as a default...really poorly designed and programmed...has nothing to do with mac...it's microsoft.

C

CyberTaz

Hi Bill;

The first consideration is whether you've kept Office 2008 updated - 12.1.2
is the current build. Have a look at the PowerPoint Menu> About PowerPoint &
run Help> Check for Updates if necessary.

Another consideration may be whether you're saving in .ppt or .pptx file
format. If you're saving in the older .ppt format it doesn't support some of
the effects applied by the features of 2008. Use the Compatibility Report
feature from the View menu or the Toolbox for problem areas.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question