Text in 4-page Word 2016 table won't print

Reaction score
With a previous version the Word in Office, I created a multi-page table with information I use often. I print it out and write updates to items as I go. Then I update the file and print it out. I imported the file into Word 2016 (on Windows 10) and printed it. Then, recently, I made some updates and tried to print it. Only the table grid lines print. I've checked to see if the text has been marked hidden. No. The text displays fine in print preview for Epson XP-400 printer. But the text won't print. Somehow I know there's a simple fix but I can't find it. The information is sensitive and I don't want to upload it. Help?

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You say you "imported the file into Word 2016", but no importation should be needed - the file should open the same way you'd open any other Word document. If other documents print fine, your problem document may have
acquired some of corruption. Corrupt documents can often be 'repaired' by inserting a new, empty, paragraph at the very end, copying everything except that new paragraph to a new document based on the same template (headers & footers may need to be copied separately), closing the old document and saving the new one over it.

Similarly, corrupt tables can often be 'repaired' by converting the tables to text and back again or by saving the document in RTF format, closing the document then re-opening it and re-saving in the doc(x) format.

Ask a Question