"There isn't enough memory available" to open a pasted Excel table

S

sequin2000

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I have a very simple excel table that I've pasted into ppt as an excel object so that others using the presentation can resort and customize at will. When I double click on the table, I get the message, "There isn't enough memory available to open worksheet".

I've checked for updates, run disk utility, restarted, and only had powerpoint open while trying to open the Excel object and I still get this error. I have 2G of memory and 25G available on my hard drive, so this *really* isn't a memory issue, is it?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated--thanks!

S

sequin2000

What happens when you paste the same table into Word?

Pasting the table into Word seems to work just fine.

B

Barry

I don't have an answer but have the same problem. This has to be a bug in the software. Does anyone know how to assign more Memory to PowerPoint?
I have a very simple excel table that I've pasted into ppt as an excel object so that others using the presentation can resort and customize at will. When I double click on the table, I get the message, "There isn't enough memory available to open worksheet".

I've checked for updates, run disk utility, restarted, and only had powerpoint open while trying to open the Excel object and I still get this error. I have 2G of memory and 25G available on my hard drive, so this *really* isn't a memory issue, is it?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated--thanks!

I have no suggestions, but I have the same problem. Does anyone out there have a work-around for this bug?

Ask a Question