Timesheet formula help

Reaction score
Hi there,

the hours on my timesheet that my boss set up doesn't seem to add up correctly. Why is the total 7.5 hours and not 7.6? Am I missing something very basic? :)

Screenshot 2022-01-13 101106.jpg

Reaction score
All good, I just changed the break times to reflect start and finish times and it calculates it properly.

Reaction score
All good, I just changed the break times to reflect start and finish times and it calculates it properly.
Hi Jaxxee,

When you input the time on that time sheet, do you have to specifically enter it as '9:30 AM' or can it be entered as '9:30am' or just as '9am' assuming it's on the hour?

I've attempted to create a time sheet in word but it requires that the space be manually entered between the time and the am/pm - which is a petty thing but is annoying to me for some reason. So I've stuck with the one I created in OpenOffice, which doesn't seem to be as stringent on how the time is input (ie the time can be input as '3pm' and it will show in the cell as '3:00 pm')

The firm I work at is in the process of transitioning away from OpenOffice into Microsoft Office, so I'm curious as to whether there is a way to allow for the 'easier' input or not so I can update the time sheet to Excel format.

Thanks
A Fish

Ask a Question