Tried everything, 12.1.9 update not install

J

jmn

I also cannot update 12.1.9. The message I get is:
"You cannot install Office 12.1.9 on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume."

I am running the installer that comes with the update. What other software is required?

Thanks....jmn

D

Diane Ross

This has been discussed here ad nauseam. Did you try to search for
suggestion to this problem.

I

ixgunxi

I still haven't figured out how to solve this issue. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and still it will not update. The update software cannot find my copy of Office on my mac. I've had this problem with 12.1.7 and now with 12.1.9. I've have given up on updating the software.

Any other suggestions???

M

MidwestGeek

I still haven't figured out how to solve this issue. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and still it will not update. The update software cannot find my copy of Office on my mac. I've had this problem with 12.1.7 and now with 12.1.9. I've have given up on updating the software.
Any other suggestions???

In the folder /Library/Receipts/, do you have files whose names are of the form
Office2008_en_*_12.1.7.combo.pkg, such as
Office2008_en_word_12.1.7.combo.pkg.
I had trouble with one computer that did not, but no trouble with another that did. I'm wondering whether these receipt records are necessary for the new installation package to be able to find earlier version. (Unlike you, I have had no problems installing version 12.1.7 or earlier updates on either computer.)

D

davekr

In the folder /Library/Receipts/, do you have files whose names are of the form
Office2008_en_*_12.1.7.combo.pkg, such as
Office2008_en_word_12.1.7.combo.pkg.
I had trouble with one computer that did not, but no trouble with another that did. I'm wondering whether these receipt records are necessary for the new installation package to be able to find earlier version. (Unlike you, I have had no problems installing version 12.1.7 or earlier updates on either computer.)

in this thread no one mentioned this receipt folder, just pointed fingers....

<a href="MidwestGeek, "Office 2008 update ver 12.1.9, can't find office on volume?" #16, 20 Jun 2009 11:14 pm </ms?13@@.59b76e0b/15>">MidwestGeek, "Office 2008 update ver 12.1.9, can't find office on volume?" #16, 20 Jun 2009 11:14 pm</a>

just checked my receipt folder and I have 18 similar files, all are from update version 12.1.0, I was/still am having problems updating to 12.1.9 but am now unsure if I ever got the updates between 12.1.0 and 12.1.9?

seems there are big problems with the updater scheme devised by MS?

M

MidwestGeek

in this thread no one mentioned this receipt folder, just pointed fingers....
<a href="MidwestGeek, "Office 2008 update ver 12.1.9, can't find office on volume?" #16, 20 Jun 2009 11:14 pm">MidwestGeek, "Office 2008 update ver 12.1.9, can't find office on volume?" #16, 20 Jun 2009 11:14 pm</a>

just checked my receipt folder and I have 18 similar files, all are from update version 12.1.0, I was/still am having problems updating to 12.1.9 but am now unsure if I ever got the updates between 12.1.0 and 12.1.9?

You can check which version you are running several ways. If you launch, say, Excel, then click on Excel in the menu bar and then on About Excel, you will see a small screen that will tell you. Another way, in fact you might check for consistency, is to point to /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Excel.app and then "Get Info". What version is it, and when was it last modified?

D

Diane Ross

ATTN: "(e-mail address removed)"

David Pelton, MacBU developer is trying to get in contact with you. Can you
contact me off list so I can forward your email on to him?

Contact me off list:

Use of these addresses: dianeross at mvps dot org <--fix before sending or
the email used in this post. Please put "Newsgroup feedback" (without the
quotes) as the subject.

Ask a Question