Unable to connect to Proj Server 2K3 from Project Prof 2K3

M

Manish Singh

I am unable to connet to the Project Server 2003 from Project Professional 2003 when using Windows User Account for Collaborating. When I connect to the Project Server 2003 using IE, it works but not from Project professional. Any clues?

K

Karl Kill

Manish,

Did you set up your Project Server Accounts in MSP2003? Go to Tools > Enterprise Options > Microsoft Office Project Server Accounts. Click on Add Button and make sure your type in the correct URL and check Use Windows user account.

Hope this helps.
Karl

C

cschlosser

You may also want to check in IE and make sure that the
project server is listed as a trusted site.
-----Original Message-----
I am unable to connet to the Project Server 2003 from
Project Professional 2003 when using Windows User Account
for Collaborating. When I connect to the Project Server
2003 using IE, it works but not from Project professional.
Any clues?

M

Manish Singh

Karl,

I have already done this, but still it does not work. When I try to Test Connection from MSP2003, this is the error message that I get:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Authentication, and About Custom Error Messages.

Ask a Question