Unable to save and open XLSX files

N

ninckblokje

Hi all,

I am having a problem with Excel 2008. Whenever I create a new XLSX worksheet and save it (using Excel 2008) I am unable to open it using Excel 2008. Excel 2007 is able to open it and says it is corrupted, but is able to recover the file. NeoOffice opens the file without complaining. Does anybody know what the problem could be?
The disk rights are OK. I am using Tiger 10.4.11. I have used Office 2004 and the Open XML Converter previously.

Thanks!

Jeroen

H

Hilena Hailu

Hello,

Could you give me more info regarding the content of the file you're creating, where you're saving it to, and how you're opening it (i.e. double-click, File/Open menu, drag-drop)? Can you reproduce the issue with a blank workbook?

--
Hilena Hailu
Macintosh Business Unit
Microsoft Corp.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

N

ninckblokje

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It happens when I open a XLSX file which I have created with Excel 2008 (by using File -> Open). I have tried both empty / new workbooks and existing ones (luckily I could recover them using Excel 2007 for Windows). And the problem remains.

Jeroen

Ask a Question