unable to send jpgs using Outlook 2002

V

Vivek

Hi, I am unable to send jpg files as attachments using Outlook 2002 SP3 through Gmail.
There's no issue sending the same attachments using Outlook Express v6. No problems sending text files using either client. Anybody have a clue? There is no issue with the size here - all attachments together were less than 1 MB.

The error is as below:

Task 'pop.gmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 552 5.7.0 to review our attachment guidelines. 32sm15152171wfc.16'

Further, the account options needed for Gmail (to use SSL and other options like port to be used, "SMTP needs authentication" etc.), do not stick when Outlook is restarted. I have to set them all over each time i start Outlook. I tried creating a new profile but was no good. Can somebody help me out? Using Windows xp btw.

Thanks,

Vivek

Ask a Question