Unable to use mouseover and embedded links w/ published Visio 2010 .htmfiles inside <iframe>

C

Chris Van Doren

I regularly create .htm diagrams from Visio with mouseover comments and embedded links essentially following the steps in this thread http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31943451/displaying-data-on-mouseover.aspx. Typically I publish to a Sharepoint folder and then using an <iframe> in another web page (nearly always TWiki pages) to pull the diagram into technical documentation. However I'm finding now that I'm switching from 2007 to 2010 Visio that while the mouseovers and links work when the .htm diagram is loaded as its own page, it no longer works when loaded inside an <iframe>.

Is there something I'm missing or could differently so that the mouseovers and links are presevered in an iframe?

Thanks

M

mifolklive

I regularly create .htm diagrams from Visio with mouseover comments and embedded links essentially following the steps in this thread http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31943451/displaying-data-on-mouseover.aspx. Typically I publish to a Sharepoint folder and then using an <iframe> in another web page (nearly always TWiki pages) to pull the diagram into technical documentation. However I'm finding now that I'm switching from 2007 to 2010 Visio that while the mouseovers and links work when the .htm diagram isloaded as its own page, it no longer works when loaded inside an <iframe>.

Is there something I'm missing or could differently so that the mouseovers and links are presevered in an iframe?

Thanks

Chris, I've read that this was supported in earlier version of Visio but with the 2010 editions you now need Visio Pro or Premium version to accomplish this. I'm currently trying with 2010 standard edition and getting the same results as you. I'd love to hear if you have made any progress on this topic.

Steven

Ask a Question