Unwanted change to capital letter

Reaction score
When I come to the end of a text line and move to the next line by hitting Enter and continue typing to the next line, something unwanted happens. That is, when I finish the first word (all small characters) and hit space to move to the second word, the first letter of the first word changes to the capital letter.
I checked all items in Tools/"Option" and "Customize" but still cannot suppress this automatic editing.
Please tell me how to do it.

Joe

Reaction score
I would post the link to this with images but this forum doesn't allow that for some silly reason.

howtogeek.com/168154/disable-automatic-capitalization-in-microsoft-word/

Disable in Office 2003
Go to Tools \ AutoCorrect Options and choose the AutoCorrect tab. You can choose to enable or disable these specific options:

Correct Two Initial Capitals
Capitalize First Letter Of Sentences
Capitalize First Letter Of Table Cells
Capitalize Names Of Days
Correct Accidental Use Of Caps Lock Key
Disable in Office 2007
To disable in Word 2007, you’ll have to click the Office Button in the upper right-hand corner.

DisableAutomaticHyperlinksinWord20072.png
Then choose Word Options from the bottom of that menu.

DisableAutomaticHyperlinksinWord20073.png
On the left-hand pane choose Proofing, and then the AutoCorrect Options button.

DisableAutomaticHyperlinksinWord20074.png

Then on the AutoCorrect tab, you can choose which capitalization related options you’d like to be enabled.

DisableWordAutomaticCapitalization1.png

You can also use the Exceptions box to add in specific items that you want to be exempt from the rules

DisableWordAutomaticCapitalization2.png

Last edited:

Ask a Question