Update Office (Outlook) 2007 on 13/09/2017

Nil

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just a warning for those who might be still using good old Outlook 2007 (I cannot be the only one...).

Yesterday I had some MS updates on my Windows 7 Ultimate, among others for the Office Suite. When I opened my Outlook today, it had partially sprouted a new language... I am guessing Finnish. The original is in Dutch. Very confusing. :(

Assuming some update was the culprit, I first uninstalled all Office updates except the security ones - still the same problem. In the end I had to do a system restore and got rid of the whole update package which solved the problem but that way I of course have no clue which update started the confusion...

Hope this may be of help for someone... :)
Grts
Nil

Last edited:

Nil

Reaction score
Me again... Problem seems to be in the security update of Outlook

Grts
Nil

Nil

Reaction score
Well, thanks Microsoft?... :rolleyes:

After reinstalling all the last, removed updates minus the Outlook security update, things were fine. Today, I had a new update waiting - the Outlook security update. Assuming that it may have been corrected, I reinstalled that one too... and guess what?... :eek: Back to Finnish (or whatever it is...)

After so many years of working with Microsoft products, I should have know, I guess... It seems that trying to be positive is not always the answer...

Grts
Nil

Ask a Question