Updated: Excel, PowerPoint Disappeared, Only Word remains

E

esa321

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Yesterday my autoupdater prompted me for a new office update. As it was installing the whole system froze and I shut it down. (I decided to try the update again at a later time.)
Today, I went to open an Excel file, only Excel is missing. So is everything else. The only application that now remains in my Microsoft Office folder is Word.
I've tried searching the system for them, checked Trash, etc. They are definitely gone.
Is there anyway to get them back? Or how do I reinstall them? (Can I download them or do I need the CD? If I need the CD is there anyway to know if it's the correct CD? We have several computers in our house and I have no idea which CD belongs to which computer.)
Equally important -- why did this happen??? This makes me not want to use the updater anymore...

E

esa321

Also, just for clarification, I ran the Update assistant again today hoping that would get them back. The update finished and installed. I even restarted the computer. Excel, Powerpoint, etc are still gone.

N

nabigus

I was just coming to post the exact same thing! I lost Excel. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

C

carmelmc

Yep, I had exactly the same happen - I lost excel, powerpoint and entourage but still have word.....

Ask a Question