Upgrade from 2008 Student

G

GregBern

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi,

I bought the student edition of office 2008 which I was using on a pop3 mail account. Our company has just changed to MS exchange and I now realize that this is not supported with the student edition. Is there an upgrade price to Standard or do I now have to purchase the whole package from scratch?

Also, any update on the issue of forwarding/replying to HTML mail?

Thanks

M

Michel Bintener

Hi,

no version of Office 2008 is eligible for the upgrade to the Business
Edition (or Standard or Special Media Editions, which are no longer being
manufactured). This means that you will have to buy the Business Edition at
the normal price.

As for your second question: unless you describe which issue you mean, we
cannot give you a satisfying answer. However, this particular behaviour has
not changed in any way over the past few months/years, so you still need to
forward an e-mail message as an attachment if you want to preserve its
complex formatting (if that is the issue you have mentioned).

G

GregBern

Thanks for your help!

I have received a copy of Entourage (Standard edition I think) from our hosted exchange providers (apparently as i have an exchange mailbox, I get an entourage license or something!)

I tried to install it, but it keeps failing. "The installer cant extract files from the package for Office2008_en_entourage. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

I already have Office 2008 (student) installed, so im not sure if this is the problem or why it wont install? Also, I dont actually have a new license key as i am told that the new version i have on disk comes from a MS enterprise pack or something!

Would love some help on this! Maybe i need to completely uninstall Office and start from scratch...not even sure how to do a FULL uninstall !

Ask a Question