UserForm data manipulation - trailing spaces and dimming/summing textbox fields

C

Congenital Kano

I've successfully created a template with a UserForm that prompts for data and merges this (via bookmarks) with the template text. Just a couple of questions remain, and Help isn't all that helpful.

In Word 2003 (creating a form letter where addressee info and two numbers are entered in UserForm):

1. The textbox text, when embedded in the doc text via bookmark, seems to always include a trailing space (i.e., "Name_"). Is there a way to trim this space? In salutation line of letter I end up with "Dear Mrs. Jones_:" instead of "Dear Mrs. Jones:" (underscore represents space here).

2. I need to add the numerical contents of one textbox with a constant value, which is hard-coded into template. Scratching my head trying to figure out how I can set the properties of the textbox entry (ideally to monetary nnn.nn format) and then add constant and print sum linked to another bookmark. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question