Using a tablet to write notes in PPT

K

kitchensink

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Would like to preface my question with a little background. I am a college student. In some of my classes the professors are using PowerPoint to present material in class. We are able to download the presentation beforehand and follow along in class.

Is there a way to use my tablet to write my own notes onto PPT and save the handwritten notes? At the moment I can use pen to write in the slideshow mode but as soon as I advance the slide the notes I take disappear.

I tried using Ink but that does not seem to work the way I'd like with PPT and barely on Word. Is there a way to maintain my scribbles onto my PPT file (awful handwriting and all)?

C

CyberTaz

No, annotations made while the slide show is running are not file content,
nor is there any way to edit the file while in Slide Show view. You could
take a screen shot of each slide before advancing to the next but that
wouldn't render editable text.

Another option is to print the presentation beforehand using either Notes
Page or Handouts. Then you could take your notes on the hard copy.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

K

kitchensink

Thank you, CyberTaz.

The thing that irks me is that it is available on the Windows version of PPT.

This would be a great feature to incorporate into PPT since professors are increasingly using PPT for there presentations in my classes. Through informal surveying my fellow students (70% are mac users) and my professors would like the ability to write notes ON the slides as well.

C

CyberTaz

You might take the time - and encourage your profs & fellow students - to
use Help>Send Feedback to voice this need to Microsoft. I know the next
version of Mac Office will be far closer to the PC version but whether this
feature will be included I have no idea.

Ask a Question