Using filters for a scheduling worksheet

J

JenIT

I am trying to use advanced filtering and whatever else I need to make thiswork. I have a list of names that are scheduled on various days of the week. I need to be able to see this in multiple ways and have the views easily changed for lay users. First I need to see a list of all the availablestaff and all the possible shifts (col A). Unfilterd view.
2nd I need to be able to see only the people scheduled on Say Monday - thatI have accomplished by an easy drop down filter by the day - but the otherdays then do not show people if they are not schedule for that day.
But then as an overall I want to be able to EVERYONE who is on ANY schedulefor the week. This will give me a list of all schedule people. BasicallyI need to each day filter out the blanks when I want a daily view - and then when I want the week view I need to filter out only Everything blank.
Here is my list of data - when the overall filter is working, I should not be seeing sam. I hope this makes sense.

Name DEPARTMENT Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
Sched Arrived MON Sch Arrived Sched Arrived Sched Arrived
John INBOUND IN-1
Jane OUTBOUND OUT-1 OUT-1 OUT-1
Sally OUTBOUNDOUT-1 OUT-1 OUT-1
Dick OUTBOUNDOUT-1
Spot OUTBOUND OUT-1 OUT-1
Sam OUTBOUND
Suzie OUTBOUND OUT-1 OUT-1
George OUTBOUND OUT-2 OUT-2 OUT-2

Ask a Question