Using OneNote at home but syncing with office server

PES

Reaction score
I need to use OneNote at home on my home computer, but need it to sync with my office computer's OneNote. I don't want to use OneDrive because I have given access to particular Notebooks to other office assistants and they only access via their office computer connected to the same server as my office computer.

Can I do this with a VPN connection? E.G. at the office my Notebook is resident on the X: drive and it's set to share with 3 assistants. Assume the notebook is on my office server at: X:\NAME S\ONENOTE TEST\Test Notebook

I invite/share the Notebook with myself via my home email address. The invite will be received as:
onenote:///X:\NAME%20S\ONENOTE%20TEST\Test%20Notebook

embedded inside the email...hyperlinked.

I go home, connect to my office service via VPN, and open the email on my home outlook email. When I click on the hyperlink, will the invitation connect to my X: drive at the office via the VPN and will the sync work so long as I'm connected to the VPN?

Any thoughts would be helpful

Reaction score
As long as the drivemapping is identical there should be no issue.If you open the notebook via the link it will open your OneNote from your Home p.c. After that you will be able to see the synchronisation address when you look at the properties of the notebook. You can find these at right click sync properties.

Maurice

Ask a Question