Using PowerPoint for Desktop Publishing

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if there are any problems using PowerPoint for desktop publishing. PowerPoint seems perfect for me.

I'm creating a report that has lots of graphs (easy to create in PowerPoint). There is no text in the report that will flow from one page to another. Everything will be on its own discrete page. I have Adobe already so I can create Press format PDF to send to a printer (if needed).

I use to use Quark and was quite good at it. In many ways PointPoint operates in a similar format (it just isn't as powerful . . . read precise). But this is OK. Because it is much easier to use. I can copy/paste pages (slides) so that each page looks the same and matches.

I don't need perfect color matching. And creating the PDF will make sure that it looks the same on everyone computer or on paper for the printer.

I don't see why this can't be down, but I can't seem to find very many threads on this other than people saying to use InDesign

Ask a Question