Using prompt info for a title to a report

D

Donna

I have a report that asks a user to enter the term for the school year. 200301 would be Fall 2003. 200302 would be Winter, 2004. 200303 would be Spring, 2004. etc, etc
I have the title set up with an IIF statement as follows
=IIf(Right([Enter Term],2)=1,"Fall, ",(IIf(Right([Enter Term],2)=2,"Winter, ",(IIf(Right([Enter Term],2)=3,"Spring, ","Summer, "))))) & Left([Enter Term],4)
This works fine only for Fall term. As soon as Winter or Spring or Summer terms are entered, the year needs to increase by 1.

How do I get it to do that for those 3 terms?

M

Marshall Barton

Donna said:
I have a report that asks a user to enter the term for the school year. 200301 would be Fall 2003. 200302 would be Winter, 2004. 200303 would be Spring, 2004. etc, etc.
I have the title set up with an IIF statement as follows:
=IIf(Right([Enter Term],2)=1,"Fall, ",(IIf(Right([Enter Term],2)=2,"Winter, ",(IIf(Right([Enter Term],2)=3,"Spring, ","Summer, "))))) & Left([Enter Term],4).
This works fine only for Fall term. As soon as Winter or Spring or Summer terms are entered, the year needs to increase by 1.

How do I get it to do that for those 3 terms?

Her's an expression that does it.

=Choose(Right(([Enter Term],1) ,"Fall", "Winter", "Spring",
"Summer") & (Left(([Enter Term], 4) + IIf(Right(([Enter
Term], 1) < 2, 0, 1))

Ask a Question