Using vbe to launch a custom show on advancement to specific slide

D

davidacuthill

I have a custom show which loops continuously. On each slide there is a hyperlink which links to a single slide (a menu slide). If nothing is selected on the menu slide after a certain time I would like to have a macro advance to the custom show.

Here is what I have assembled ... it is supposed to test if the current slide is Slide1 then run the Custom Show 1 (after waiting a certain amount of time)

Sub OnSlideShowPageChange(ByVal SSW As SlideShowWindow)

If SSW.View.Slide.Name = "Slide1" Then
' wait timer 30 seconds???
With ActivePresentation.SlideShowSettings
.RangeType = ppShowNamedSlideShow
.SlideShowName = "Custom Show 1"
.Run
End With

End If

End Sub

I tried to get this to run and cannot seem to get it to acknowledge the code to run the custom show. It ignores it and doesn't report an error. Slide 1 (menu) is set to not advance on the slide transitions to avoid an accidental advance to the next slide.

I am using Powerpoint 2010.

Anybody have any ideas?

M

mcarswell08

I have a custom show which loops continuously. On each slide there is a hyperlink which links to a single slide (a menu slide). If nothing is selected on the menu slide after a certain time I would like to have a macro advance to the custom show.

Here is what I have assembled ... it is supposed to test if the current slide is Slide1 then run the Custom Show 1 (after waiting a certain amount of time)

Sub OnSlideShowPageChange(ByVal SSW As SlideShowWindow)

If SSW.View.Slide.Name = "Slide1" Then

' wait timer 30 seconds???

With ActivePresentation.SlideShowSettings

.RangeType = ppShowNamedSlideShow

.SlideShowName = "Custom Show 1"

.Run

End With

End If

End Sub

I tried to get this to run and cannot seem to get it to acknowledge the code to run the custom show. It ignores it and doesn't report an error. Slide 1 (menu) is set to not advance on the slide transitions to avoid an accidental advance to the next slide.

I am using Powerpoint 2010.

Anybody have an

Ask a Question