VB.Net or C# help

B

Brian

Is there any sample code that 'doesn't' use the visio drawing control using VB.Net or C#? I tried using the Visio Managed Code Tutorial and it can't find the 2003 Interop dll (I can only find the 2003 Visio Interop in the GAC, it doesn't seem to be anywhere else and I can't set a reference to it)

I have found a few drawing control projects but our product will be too much native Visio stuff to turn everything off like you get in the control. I need to do an add-in or add-on for Visio 2003

Any help would be much appreciated

Brian

M

Mai-lan [MS]

Hi, Brian: We do have lots of sample code for Visio application programming
coming out in the Visio 2003 SDK, which will be available in Q1 2004.
Unfortunately, we don't have anything available right now. The tutorial that
is posted on MSDN only works with Visio 2002, we are in hte process of
updating it for Visio 2003 now.

Thanks,
Mai-lan

--
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Brian said:
Is there any sample code that 'doesn't' use the visio drawing control
using VB.Net or C#? I tried using the Visio Managed Code Tutorial and it
can't find the 2003 Interop dll (I can only find the 2003 Visio Interop in
the GAC, it doesn't seem to be anywhere else and I can't set a reference to
it).
I have found a few drawing control projects but our product will be too
much native Visio stuff to turn everything off like you get in the control.
I need to do an add-in or add-on for Visio 2003.

B

Brian

Thanks Mai-lan

I've found that Graham Wideman has recently upgraded his book (http://www.diagramantics.com/) which seems to still encourage vsl creation. I've ordered the book today and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I'm looking forward to the 2003 SDK as well. I'm confident that our core infrastructure will take us enough time to develop that whenever the SDK comes out we'll be able to compare the advantages and disadvantages of each and decide on how to hook it all up in the end

BTW - Many thanks to your excellent team for the hard work. Visio 2003 is AMAZING! The new compatibility with AutoCAD DWG is more than impressive and the developer tools are an improvement on what I didn't think could get any better. It shows that you've been listening

Bria

Ask a Question