view slide miniatures - Normal view

G

gwied

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

In Office 2004 in Mac OS X, the default "normal view" has an outline in the left-hand bar. Is there a way to make it show me the miniature slides? There is a menu item "view->slide miniature" which is grayed out! The promise is there, but no action! the option does not become active regardles of how wide the side panel is, regardless of zoom %.

How do I turn it on? I don't want to switch to Neo Office (slow) and not ready to upgrade yet.

G

gwied

In Office 2004 in Mac OS X, the default "normal view" has an outline in the left-hand bar. Is there a way to make it show me the miniature slides? There is a menu item "view->slide miniature" which is grayed out! The promise is there, but no action! the option does not become active regardles of how wide the side panel is, regardless of zoom %.
Follow up -- even Microsoft Office Help says:

<If are working with a slide in normal view and want to simultaneously view it in miniature:
• On the View menu, click Slide Miniature.
If Slide Miniature is unavailable on the View menu, click Zoom to increase the magnification of the normal view>
....implying the feature is SUPPOSED to work.

C

CyberTaz

Slide Miniature has nothing to do with the content of the Outline Pane. In
PPt 2004 there is no Slides panel which displays thumbnails of the slides in
that same panel... I think you're lookking for a feature similar to what you
may have seen in a PC version. That wasn't added to Mac PPt until Office 2008.

"Slide Miniature" is simply a single small window that appears displaying
the one slide you're viewing at the time. It normally appears in teh upper
right portion of the screen when in Normal View.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
MVP Office:Mac

Ask a Question