Visio 2003/IE 7: export does not display drawing

Reaction score
I am using Visio 2003 and IE 7 for some time and it worked fine. I publish drawings I made as a web page. I use default settings (vml).
Suddenly the browser does not display the pages anymore. (though nothing has changed since the last time I published.) I know that I can use workarounds, like saving as jpg., but I like to use vml instead, because of the pan and zoom, and search options.
I checked security settings in viso and in IE and I see no differences. Documents which I published before are still ok, but I cannot make any changes now.
Does anybody have an idea how to go about?

Reaction score
You may or may not like my first suggestion, but I would upgrade to IE8 if you can. IE7 was a short-lived version of the browser and had a few issues (especially with Visio 2003). I wouldn't necessarily move to IE9 but IE8 is stable and works with web-published Visio drawings.

I know you said this was working with IE7 and I can't guess what might have changed but it could have been a security update to IE or Visio???

----
Scott Helmers
Author of Visio 2010 Step by Step

Ask a Question