to create other diagrams, but as soon as I select "Database Model Diagram",
visio stops responding.

I am using Windows Server 2003 R2 (64 bit), and have VS2005 installed and
operational already.

Sincerely
Pete

E

ewart

I have exactly the same thing on Windows XP Professional 64 bit edition. And Visio 2007 professional.

Damn thing just hangs. I must have send 20 error reports to microsoft already trying to open my visio 2003 database diagram (which opens fine in visio 2003), then I discovered it's nothing to do with my file -- even just trying to create a new blank database entity model diagram hangs it (with either us or metrics template)

diagnostics shows no problems with the installation, and other aspects of visio seem to work ok (although I did see an interesting 'bug?' when you have two MDI windows open and one overlaps the other -- if you click and hold to drag the bottom one, it slides _UNDER_ the other one! weird!))

anyway, any ideas??

EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

P

Paul Herber

I have exactly the same thing on Windows XP Professional 64 bit edition. And Visio 2007 professional.

Damn thing just hangs. I must have send 20 error reports to microsoft already trying to open my visio 2003 database diagram (which opens fine in visio 2003), then I discovered it's nothing to do with my file -- even just trying to create a new blank database entity model diagram hangs it (with either us or metrics template)

diagnostics shows no problems with the installation, and other aspects of visio seem to work ok (although I did see an interesting 'bug?' when you have two MDI windows open and one overlaps the other -- if you click and hold to drag the bottom one, it slides _UNDER_ the other one! weird!))

anyway, any ideas??

Video drivers. Either update the drivers or if you have any hardware
accelerators enabled then either reduce it or turn it off.

Ask a Question