What should I do now to get my site live?

G

Gail

Well, my friends, I have done everything that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am including their remarks to see if they were even close to having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don't have a site. Talk about a total breakdown. What do I do from here

Following are the suggestions from my host

"Yes, that is what I am suggesting you do. You have changed names on things so many times that I think you are going to need to go through the process of readding the interactive button again. To delete the current pages off the server, you can go into your file manager and delete the pages that are there. Then once you have them ready to publish again you can just republish with FP and it should be fixed

Please let us know if we can help further.

"OK, I am not sure how you are publishing but your files dont seem to be making it to the server. Here is an article that we have on how to publish your files.

If you have a Front Page web site on your hard drive and you are needing to publish it to the server, you would go to file, publish web and type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page will publish your site to the server. Prior to doing this, you must first install front page extensions and wait 10 minutes for them to install

To prevent your Front Page extensions from corupting, here are a few things to keep in mind
1. If you are publishing from your hard drive to the server, only go through the Front Page publishing feature to move your files from your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP
2. Be sure not to let your package run out of space. If you see that you are getting close to running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask for your package to be increased to the next package. You can also delete any mail that you may have stored on the server or delete files to prevent from running out of space
3. Don't create custom error page
4. Don't use .htaccess file
5. Don't stop the publishing process once you have started to publish
6. Be sure to name all files, folder and subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help with links and search engines but also, if we ever need to manually uninstall and reinstall front page extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions from uninstalling and reinstalling correctly

ftping files to the server while front page extensions are installed will corrupt the extensions. You can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl files to the server without any problem. When you ftp anything like cgi scripts to the server, be sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page program as that would definitely cause the extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to the server

If you have previous files on the server that were ftp'd and you will now be using Front Page, please back up all files that have been uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the techs to delete all files from the server. This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be out there from previous ftp publishing that will prevent Front Page extensions from installing correctly
=================

As your Front Page site grows be sure to use subwebs. A Front Page site that grows to over 50 MB will start having publishing problems if you aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into subwebs, open your site in front page and right click on the folders that you have created and click 'convert to web'

Please let us know if we can help further.

I am now getting a message "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP 403. (Forbidden). What the heck is this all about? I am now at my wits end. Can you help

Thanks

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Gail,

Drop me an email and I will see what we can do to get your site back up.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Gail said:
Well, my friends, I have done everything that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I just
don't know what to do anymore. I am including their remarks to see if they were even close to
having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don't
have a site. Talk about a total breakdown. What do I do from here?
Following are the suggestions from my host:

"Yes, that is what I am suggesting you do. You have changed names on things so many times that I
think you are going to need to go through the process of readding the interactive button again. To
delete the current pages off the server, you can go into your file manager and delete the pages that
are there. Then once you have them ready to publish again you can just republish with FP and it
should be fixed.
Please let us know if we can help further."

"OK, I am not sure how you are publishing but your files dont seem to be making it to the server.
Here is an article that we have on how to publish your files.
If you have a Front Page web site on your hard drive and you are needing to publish it to the
server, you would go to file, publish web and type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page will
publish your site to the server. Prior to doing this, you must first install front page extensions
and wait 10 minutes for them to install.
To prevent your Front Page extensions from corupting, here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. If you are publishing from your hard drive to the server, only go through the Front Page
publishing feature to move your files from your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP.
2. Be sure not to let your package run out of space. If you see that you are getting close to
running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask
for your package to be increased to the next package. You can also delete any mail that you may have
stored on the server or delete files to prevent from running out of space.
3. Don't create custom error pages
4. Don't use .htaccess files
5. Don't stop the publishing process once you have started to publish.
6. Be sure to name all files, folder and subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help with
links and search engines but also, if we ever need to manually uninstall and reinstall front page
extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions from uninstalling and reinstalling correctly.
ftping files to the server while front page extensions are installed will corrupt the extensions.
You can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl files to the server without any problem. When you ftp
anything like cgi scripts to the server, be sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page
program as that would definitely cause the extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the
scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to
the server.
If you have previous files on the server that were ftp'd and you will now be using Front Page,
please back up all files that have been uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the
techs to delete all files from the server. This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be
out there from previous ftp publishing that will prevent Front Page extensions from installing
correctly.
==================

As your Front Page site grows be sure to use subwebs. A Front Page site that grows to over 50 MB
will start having publishing problems if you aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into
subwebs, open your site in front page and right click on the folders that you have created and click
'convert to web'.
Please let us know if we can help further."

I am now getting a message "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP 403. (Forbidden). What
the heck is this all about? I am now at my wits end. Can you help?

G

Gail

Thomas

Here is the latest from my host:

"What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to publish directly to http://www.bikerburials.com? You cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to take your index.htm file from the root directory of your site and publish it directly up to the server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up.

I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so uneducated in this whole thing that I am not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but why would that be a problem? I thought it was okay to have additional folders in my website.

Does this make sense to you

Thanks

Thanks

----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: ----

Gail

Drop me an email and I will see what we can do to get your site back up

--
=============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
WEBMASTER Resources(tm
http://www.ycoln-resources.co
FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc
=============================================
To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.as

Gail said:
Well, my friends, I have done everything that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I jus
don't know what to do anymore. I am including their remarks to see if they were even close t
having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don'
have a site. Talk about a total breakdown. What do I do from herethink you are going to need to go through the process of readding the interactive button again. T
delete the current pages off the server, you can go into your file manager and delete the pages tha
are there. Then once you have them ready to publish again you can just republish with FP and i
should be fixedserver, you would go to file, publish web and type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page wil
publish your site to the server. Prior to doing this, you must first install front page extension
and wait 10 minutes for them to install
1. If you are publishing from your hard drive to the server, only go through the Front Pag
publishing feature to move your files from your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP
2. Be sure not to let your package run out of space. If you see that you are getting close t
running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and as
for your package to be increased to the next package. You can also delete any mail that you may hav
stored on the server or delete files to prevent from running out of space
3. Don't create custom error page
4. Don't use .htaccess file
5. Don't stop the publishing process once you have started to publish
6. Be sure to name all files, folder and subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help wit
links and search engines but also, if we ever need to manually uninstall and reinstall front pag
extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions from uninstalling and reinstalling correctlyYou can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl files to the server without any problem. When you ftp
anything like cgi scripts to the server, be sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page
program as that would definitely cause the extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the
scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to
the server.please back up all files that have been uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the
techs to delete all files from the server. This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be
out there from previous ftp publishing that will prevent Front Page extensions from installing
correctly.
==================
will start having publishing problems if you aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into
subwebs, open your site in front page and right click on the folders that you have created and click
'convert to web'.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Gail,

See my reply to your email.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Gail said:
Thomas,

Here is the latest from my host:

"What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to publish directly to
http://www.bikerburials.com? You cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to
take your index.htm file from the root directory of your site and publish it directly up to the
server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up."
I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so
uneducated in this whole thing that I am not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely
have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but why would that be a problem? I thought
it was okay to have additional folders in my website.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Looks like you got it published or fixed for now

| Thomas,
|
| Here is the latest from my host:
|
| "What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to publish directly to http://www.bikerburials.com? You
cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to take your index.htm file from the root directory of your site and
publish it directly up to the server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up."
|
| I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so uneducated in this whole thing that I am
not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but why would that be
a problem? I thought it was okay to have additional folders in my website.
|
| Does this make sense to you?
|
| Thanks.
|
|
| Thanks.
|
|
|
|
| ----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: -----
|
| Gail,
|
| Drop me an email and I will see what we can do to get your site back up.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > Well, my friends, I have done everything that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I just
| don't know what to do anymore. I am including their remarks to see if they were even close to
| having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don't
| have a site. Talk about a total breakdown. What do I do from here?
| >>> Following are the suggestions from my host:
| >> "Yes, that is what I am suggesting you do. You have changed names on things so many times that I
| think you are going to need to go through the process of readding the interactive button again. To
| delete the current pages off the server, you can go into your file manager and delete the pages that
| are there. Then once you have them ready to publish again you can just republish with FP and it
| should be fixed.
| >> Please let us know if we can help further."
| >>> "OK, I am not sure how you are publishing but your files dont seem to be making it to the server.
| Here is an article that we have on how to publish your files.
| >> If you have a Front Page web site on your hard drive and you are needing to publish it to the
| server, you would go to file, publish web and type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page will
| publish your site to the server. Prior to doing this, you must first install front page extensions
| and wait 10 minutes for them to install.
| >> To prevent your Front Page extensions from corupting, here are a few things to keep in mind:
| > 1. If you are publishing from your hard drive to the server, only go through the Front Page
| publishing feature to move your files from your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP.
| > 2. Be sure not to let your package run out of space. If you see that you are getting close to
| running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask
| for your package to be increased to the next package. You can also delete any mail that you may have
| stored on the server or delete files to prevent from running out of space.
| > 3. Don't create custom error pages
| > 4. Don't use .htaccess files
| > 5. Don't stop the publishing process once you have started to publish.
| > 6. Be sure to name all files, folder and subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help with
| links and search engines but also, if we ever need to manually uninstall and reinstall front page
| extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions from uninstalling and reinstalling correctly.
| >> ftping files to the server while front page extensions are installed will corrupt the extensions.
| You can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl files to the server without any problem. When you ftp
| anything like cgi scripts to the server, be sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page
| program as that would definitely cause the extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the
| scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to
| the server.
| >> If you have previous files on the server that were ftp'd and you will now be using Front Page,
| please back up all files that have been uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the
| techs to delete all files from the server. This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be
| out there from previous ftp publishing that will prevent Front Page extensions from installing
| correctly.
| > ==================
| >> As your Front Page site grows be sure to use subwebs. A Front Page site that grows to over 50 MB
| will start having publishing problems if you aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into
| subwebs, open your site in front page and right click on the folders that you have created and click
| 'convert to web'.
| >> I am now getting a message "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP 403. (Forbidden). What
| the heck is this all about? I am now at my wits end. Can you help?
| >> Thanks!
| >>

G

Gail

Good Morning Everyone
Wow, what a day I had yesterday. It was in the wee hours of the morning that I (actually Thomas Rowe) finally got the site working. I am so grateful for the help from Thomas. I have no idea what he did (and at some point I would like to know) but it worked! As promised, I am not going to do a thing to my site today. It is a beautiful day so I am going to be outside enjoying it.

I reckon I should fill in my host that things are working now. I will wait until I know how it was fixed so I can tell them so that they too will then be more knowledgeable

Again, and I can't stress this enough, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! This could lead a girl to drink :-

----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: ----

Looks like you got it published or fixed for no

--

| Thomas

| Here is the latest from my host

| "What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to publish directly to http://www.bikerburials.com? Yo
cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to take your index.htm file from the root directory of your site an
publish it directly up to the server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up.

| I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so uneducated in this whole thing that I a
not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but why would that b
a problem? I thought it was okay to have additional folders in my website

| Does this make sense to you

| Thanks

| Thanks

| ----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: ----

| Gail

| Drop me an email and I will see what we can do to get your site back up

| --
| =============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm
| http://www.ycoln-resources.co
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc
| =============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.as

| | > Well, my friends, I have done everything that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I jus
| don't know what to do anymore. I am including their remarks to see if they were even close t
| having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don'
| have a site. Talk about a total breakdown. What do I do from here
| >>> Following are the suggestions from my host
| >> "Yes, that is what I am suggesting you do. You have changed names on things so many times that
| think you are going to need to go through the process of readding the interactive button again. T
| delete the current pages off the server, you can go into your file manager and delete the pages tha
| are there. Then once you have them ready to publish again you can just republish with FP and i
| should be fixed
| >> Please let us know if we can help further.
| >>> "OK, I am not sure how you are publishing but your files dont seem to be making it to the server
| Here is an article that we have on how to publish your files.
| >> If you have a Front Page web site on your hard drive and you are needing to publish it to the
| server, you would go to file, publish web and type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page will
| publish your site to the server. Prior to doing this, you must first install front page extensions
| and wait 10 minutes for them to install.
| >> To prevent your Front Page extensions from corupting, here are a few things to keep in mind:
| > 1. If you are publishing from your hard drive to the server, only go through the Front Page
| publishing feature to move your files from your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP.
| > 2. Be sure not to let your package run out of space. If you see that you are getting close to
| running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask
| for your package to be increased to the next package. You can also delete any mail that you may have
| stored on the server or delete files to prevent from running out of space.
| > 3. Don't create custom error pages
| > 4. Don't use .htaccess files
| > 5. Don't stop the publishing process once you have started to publish.
| > 6. Be sure to name all files, folder and subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help with
| links and search engines but also, if we ever need to manually uninstall and reinstall front page
| extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions from uninstalling and reinstalling correctly.
| >> ftping files to the server while front page extensions are installed will corrupt the extensions.
| You can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl files to the server without any problem. When you ftp
| anything like cgi scripts to the server, be sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page
| program as that would definitely cause the extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the
| scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to
| the server.
| >> If you have previous files on the server that were ftp'd and you will now be using Front Page,
| please back up all files that have been uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the
| techs to delete all files from the server. This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be
| out there from previous ftp publishing that will prevent Front Page extensions from installing
| correctly.
| > ==================
| >> As your Front Page site grows be sure to use subwebs. A Front Page site that grows to over 50 MB
| will start having publishing problems if you aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into
| subwebs, open your site in front page and right click on the folders that you have created and click
| 'convert to web'.
| >> I am now getting a message "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP 403. (Forbidden). What
| the heck is this all about? I am now at my wits end. Can you help?
| >> Thanks!
| >>

C

Crash Gordon®

Have fun today.

I'm sure we'd all like to know; "the rest of the story" of what went wrong in publishing! Keep us posted :)

| Good Morning Everyone!
| Wow, what a day I had yesterday. It was in the wee hours of the morning that I (actually Thomas Rowe) finally got the site working. I am so grateful for the help from Thomas. I have no idea what he did (and at some point I would like to know) but it worked! As promised, I am not going to do a thing to my site today. It is a beautiful day so I am going to be outside enjoying it.
|
| I reckon I should fill in my host that things are working now. I will wait until I know how it was fixed so I can tell them so that they too will then be more knowledgeable.
|
| Again, and I can't stress this enough, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! This could lead a girl to drink :-^
|
| ----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: -----
|
| Looks like you got it published or fixed for now
|
| --
|
| _____________________________________________
| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
|
|
| | Thomas,
| |
| | Here is the latest from my host:
| |
| | "What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to publish directly to http://www.bikerburials.com? You
| cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to take your index.htm file from the root directory of your site and
| publish it directly up to the server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up."
| |
| | I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so uneducated in this whole thing that I am
| not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but why would that be
| a problem? I thought it was okay to have additional folders in my website.
| |
| | Does this make sense to you?
| |
| | Thanks.
| |
| |
| | Thanks.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | ----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: -----
| |
| | Gail,
| |
| | Drop me an email and I will see what we can do to get your site back up.
| |
| | --
| | ==============================================
| | Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| | WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| |
| | FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| | To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| |
| | | | > Well, my friends, I have done everything that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I just
| | don't know what to do anymore. I am including their remarks to see if they were even close to
| | having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don't
| | have a site. Talk about a total breakdown. What do I do from here?
| | >>> Following are the suggestions from my host:
| | >> "Yes, that is what I am suggesting you do. You have changed names on things so many times that I
| | think you are going to need to go through the process of readding the interactive button again. To
| | delete the current pages off the server, you can go into your file manager and delete the pages that
| | are there. Then once you have them ready to publish again you can just republish with FP and it
| | should be fixed.
| | >> Please let us know if we can help further."
| | >>> "OK, I am not sure how you are publishing but your files dont seem to be making it to the server.
| | Here is an article that we have on how to publish your files.
| | >> If you have a Front Page web site on your hard drive and you are needing to publish it to the
| | server, you would go to file, publish web and type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page will
| | publish your site to the server. Prior to doing this, you must first install front page extensions
| | and wait 10 minutes for them to install.
| | >> To prevent your Front Page extensions from corupting, here are a few things to keep in mind:
| | > 1. If you are publishing from your hard drive to the server, only go through the Front Page
| | publishing feature to move your files from your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP.
| | > 2. Be sure not to let your package run out of space. If you see that you are getting close to
| | running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask
| | for your package to be increased to the next package. You can also delete any mail that you may have
| | stored on the server or delete files to prevent from running out of space.
| | > 3. Don't create custom error pages
| | > 4. Don't use .htaccess files
| | > 5. Don't stop the publishing process once you have started to publish.
| | > 6. Be sure to name all files, folder and subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help with
| | links and search engines but also, if we ever need to manually uninstall and reinstall front page
| | extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions from uninstalling and reinstalling correctly.
| | >> ftping files to the server while front page extensions are installed will corrupt the extensions.
| | You can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl files to the server without any problem. When you ftp
| | anything like cgi scripts to the server, be sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page
| | program as that would definitely cause the extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the
| | scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to
| | the server.
| | >> If you have previous files on the server that were ftp'd and you will now be using Front Page,
| | please back up all files that have been uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the
| | techs to delete all files from the server. This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be
| | out there from previous ftp publishing that will prevent Front Page extensions from installing
| | correctly.
| | > ==================
| | >> As your Front Page site grows be sure to use subwebs. A Front Page site that grows to over 50 MB
| | will start having publishing problems if you aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into
| | subwebs, open your site in front page and right click on the folders that you have created and click
| | 'convert to web'.
| | >> I am now getting a message "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP 403. (Forbidden). What
| | the heck is this all about? I am now at my wits end. Can you help?
| | >> Thanks!
| | >>

G

Gail

Crash
Thanks, how very kind of you. I actually had a fun day even though it was doing grueling yard work.

As soon as I hear from Thomas on what he did to resolve my problem, I will be happy to share it with the rest of you fine folks

Have a great evening! I'm not staying on long otherwise I'll be tempted to make some more changes :-

----- Crash Gordon® wrote: ----

Have fun today

I'm sure we'd all like to know; "the rest of the story" of what went wrong in publishing! Keep us posted :-

| Good Morning Everyone
| Wow, what a day I had yesterday. It was in the wee hours of the morning that I (actually Thomas Rowe) finally got the site working. I am so grateful for the help from Thomas. I have no idea what he did (and at some point I would like to know) but it worked! As promised, I am not going to do a thing to my site today. It is a beautiful day so I am going to be outside enjoying it.
|
| I reckon I should fill in my host that things are working now. I will wait until I know how it was fixed so I can tell them so that they too will then be more knowledgeable
|
| Again, and I can't stress this enough, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! This could lead a girl to drink :-
|
| ----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: ----
|
| Looks like you got it published or fixed for no
|
| --
|
| ____________________________________________
| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see
|
|
| | Thomas
|
| | Here is the latest from my host
|
| | "What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to publish directly to http://www.bikerburials.com? Yo
| cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to take your index.htm file from the root directory of your site an
| publish it directly up to the server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up.
|
| | I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so uneducated in this whole thing that I a
| not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but why would that b
| a problem? I thought it was okay to have additional folders in my website
|
| | Does this make sense to you
|
| | Thanks
|
|
| | Thanks
|
|
|
|
| | ----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: ----
|
| | Gail
|
| | Drop me an email and I will see what we can do to get your site back up
|
| | --
| | =============================================
| | Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| | WEBMASTER Resources(tm
| | http://www.ycoln-resources.co
| | FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc
| | To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see
| | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.as
|
| | | | > Well, my friends, I have done everything that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I just
| | don't know what to do anymore. I am including their remarks to see if they were even close to
| | having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don't
| | >> "Yes, that is what I am suggesting you do. You have changed names on things so many times that I
| | think you are going to need to go through the process of readding the interactive button again. To
| | delete the current pages off the server, you can go into your file manager and delete the pages that
| | are there. Then once you have them ready to publish again you can just republish with FP and it
| | should be fixed.
| | >>> "OK, I am not sure how you are publishing but your files dont seem to be making it to the server.
| | >> If you have a Front Page web site on your hard drive and you are needing to publish it to the
| | server, you would go to file, publish web and type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page will
| | publish your site to the server. Prior to doing this, you must first install front page extensions
| | >> To prevent your Front Page extensions from corupting, here are a few things to keep in mind:
| | > 1. If you are publishing from your hard drive to the server, only go through the Front Page
| | publishing feature to move your files from your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP.
| | > 2. Be sure not to let your package run out of space. If you see that you are getting close to
| | running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask
| | for your package to be increased to the next package. You can also delete any mail that you may have
| | > 6. Be sure to name all files, folder and subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help with
| | links and search engines but also, if we ever need to manually uninstall and reinstall front page
| | extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions from uninstalling and reinstalling correctly.
| | >> ftping files to the server while front page extensions are installed will corrupt the extensions.
| | You can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl files to the server without any problem. When you ftp
| | anything like cgi scripts to the server, be sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page
| | program as that would definitely cause the extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the
| | scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to
| | the server.
| | >> If you have previous files on the server that were ftp'd and you will now be using Front Page,
| | please back up all files that have been uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the
| | techs to delete all files from the server. This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be
| | out there from previous ftp publishing that will prevent Front Page extensions from installing
| | correctly.
| | > ==================
| | >> As your Front Page site grows be sure to use subwebs. A Front Page site that grows to over 50 MB
| | will start having publishing problems if you aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into
| | subwebs, open your site in front page and right click on the folders that you have created and click
| | 'convert to web'.
| | >> I am now getting a message "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP 403. (Forbidden). What
| | >> Thanks!
| | >>

G

Go away

My gosh, you must be a blond. Who cares about your personal trials and tribulations and your yard work

You don't belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer.

----- Gail wrote: ----

Crash
Thanks, how very kind of you. I actually had a fun day even though it was doing grueling yard work.

As soon as I hear from Thomas on what he did to resolve my problem, I will be happy to share it with the rest of you fine folks

Have a great evening! I'm not staying on long otherwise I'll be tempted to make some more changes :-

----- Crash Gordon® wrote: ----

Have fun today

I'm sure we'd all like to know; "the rest of the story" of what went wrong in publishing! Keep us posted :-

| Good Morning Everyone
|
| I reckon I should fill in my host that things are working now. I will wait until I know how it was fixed so I can tell them so that they too will then be more knowledgeable
|
| Again, and I can't stress this enough, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! This could lead a girl to drink :-
|
|
| Looks like you got it published or fixed for no
|
| --
|
|
|
| | Thomas
|
| | Here is the latest from my host
|
| | "What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to publish directly to http://www.bikerburials.com? Yo
| cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to take your index.htm file from the root directory of your site an
| publish it directly up to the server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up.
|
| | I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so uneducated in this whole thing that I a
| not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but why would that b
| a problem? I thought it was okay to have additional folders in my website
|
| | Does this make sense to you
|
| | Thanks
|
|
| | Thanks
|
|
|
|
| | ----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: ----
|
| | Gail
|
| | Drop me an email and I will see what we can do to get your site back up
|
| | --
| | Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| |
| |
| | should be fixed.
| | the server.
| | correctly.
| | > ==================
| | 'convert to web'.
| | >> Thanks!
| | >>

C

Crash Gordon®

Bug off gnat boy.

| My gosh, you must be a blond. Who cares about your personal trials and tribulations and your yard work.
|
| You don't belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer.
|
| ----- Gail wrote: -----
|
| Crash,
| Thanks, how very kind of you. I actually had a fun day even though it was doing grueling yard work.
|
| As soon as I hear from Thomas on what he did to resolve my problem, I will be happy to share it with the rest of you fine folks.
|
| Have a great evening! I'm not staying on long otherwise I'll be tempted to make some more changes :-(
|
|
|
| ----- Crash Gordon® wrote: -----
|
| Have fun today.
|
| I'm sure we'd all like to know; "the rest of the story" of what went wrong in publishing! Keep us posted :)
|
|
| | Good Morning Everyone!
| | Wow, what a day I had yesterday. It was in the wee hours of the morning that I (actually Thomas Rowe) finally got the site working. I am so grateful for the help from Thomas. I have no idea what he did (and at some point I would like to know) but it worked! As promised, I am not going to do a thing to my site today. It is a beautiful day so I am going to be outside enjoying it.
| |
| | I reckon I should fill in my host that things are working now. I will wait until I know how it was fixed so I can tell them so that they too will then be more knowledgeable.
| |
| | Again, and I can't stress this enough, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! This could lead a girl to drink :-^
| |
| | ----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: -----
| |
| | Looks like you got it published or fixed for now
| |
| | --
| |
| | _____________________________________________
| | SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| | "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| | To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| | _____________________________________________
| |
| |
| | | Thomas,
| | |
| | | Here is the latest from my host:
| | |
| | | "What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to publish directly to http://www.bikerburials.com? You
| | cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to take your index.htm file from the root directory of your site and
| | publish it directly up to the server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up."
| | |
| | | I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so uneducated in this whole thing that I am
| | not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but why would that be
| | a problem? I thought it was okay to have additional folders in my website.
| | |
| | | Does this make sense to you?
| | |
| | | Thanks.
| | |
| | |
| | | Thanks.
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | ----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: -----
| | |
| | | Gail,
| | |
| | | Drop me an email and I will see what we can do to get your site back up.
| | |
| | | --
| | | ==============================================
| | | Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| | | WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| | |
| | | FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| | | ==============================================
| | | To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| | | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| | |
| | | | | | > Well, my friends, I have done everything that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I just
| | | don't know what to do anymore. I am including their remarks to see if they were even close to
| | | having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don't
| | | have a site. Talk about a total breakdown. What do I do from here?
| | | >>> Following are the suggestions from my host:
| | | >> "Yes, that is what I am suggesting you do. You have changed names on things so many times that I
| | | think you are going to need to go through the process of readding the interactive button again. To
| | | delete the current pages off the server, you can go into your file manager and delete the pages that
| | | are there. Then once you have them ready to publish again you can just republish with FP and it
| | | should be fixed.
| | | >> Please let us know if we can help further."
| | | >>> "OK, I am not sure how you are publishing but your files dont seem to be making it to the server.
| | | Here is an article that we have on how to publish your files.
| | | >> If you have a Front Page web site on your hard drive and you are needing to publish it to the
| | | server, you would go to file, publish web and type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page will
| | | publish your site to the server. Prior to doing this, you must first install front page extensions
| | | and wait 10 minutes for them to install.
| | | >> To prevent your Front Page extensions from corupting, here are a few things to keep in mind:
| | | > 1. If you are publishing from your hard drive to the server, only go through the Front Page
| | | publishing feature to move your files from your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP.
| | | > 2. Be sure not to let your package run out of space. If you see that you are getting close to
| | | running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask
| | | for your package to be increased to the next package. You can also delete any mail that you may have
| | | stored on the server or delete files to prevent from running out of space.
| | | > 3. Don't create custom error pages
| | | > 4. Don't use .htaccess files
| | | > 5. Don't stop the publishing process once you have started to publish.
| | | > 6. Be sure to name all files, folder and subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help with
| | | links and search engines but also, if we ever need to manually uninstall and reinstall front page
| | | extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions from uninstalling and reinstalling correctly.
| | | >> ftping files to the server while front page extensions are installed will corrupt the extensions.
| | | You can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl files to the server without any problem. When you ftp
| | | anything like cgi scripts to the server, be sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page
| | | program as that would definitely cause the extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the
| | | scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to
| | | the server.
| | | >> If you have previous files on the server that were ftp'd and you will now be using Front Page,
| | | please back up all files that have been uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the
| | | techs to delete all files from the server. This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be
| | | out there from previous ftp publishing that will prevent Front Page extensions from installing
| | | correctly.
| | | > ==================
| | | >> As your Front Page site grows be sure to use subwebs. A Front Page site that grows to over 50 MB
| | | will start having publishing problems if you aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into
| | | subwebs, open your site in front page and right click on the folders that you have created and click
| | | 'convert to web'.
| | | >> Please let us know if we can help further."
| | | >> I am now getting a message "You are not authorized to view this page HTTP 403. (Forbidden). What
| | | the heck is this all about? I am now at my wits end. Can you help?
| | | >> Thanks!
| | | >>

S

Steve Easton

Well then, how about posting a link to one of your masterpieces!!

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed............
........................with a computer

Go away said:
My gosh, you must be a blond. Who cares about your personal trials and tribulations and your yard work.

----- Gail wrote: -----

Crash,

As soon as I hear from Thomas on what he did to resolve my problem, I will be happy to share
it with the rest of you fine folks.
Have a great evening! I'm not staying on long otherwise I'll be tempted to make some more changes :-(

----- Crash Gordon® wrote: -----

Have fun today.

I'm sure we'd all like to know; "the rest of the story" of what went wrong in publishing! Keep us posted :)

| Good Morning Everyone!
| Wow, what a day I had yesterday. It was in the wee hours of the morning that I
(actually Thomas Rowe) finally got the site working. I am so grateful for the help from Thomas. I
have no idea what he did (and at some point I would like to know) but it worked! As promised, I am
not going to do a thing to my site today. It is a beautiful day so I am going to be outside
enjoying it.
|
| I reckon I should fill in my host that things are working now. I will wait until I
know how it was fixed so I can tell them so that they too will then be more knowledgeable.
|
| Again, and I can't stress this enough, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! This could lead a girl to drink :-^
|
|
|
| --
|
|
|
| | Thomas,
| |
| |
| | "What folder are you telling your files to publish to? Are you telling it to
publish directly to http://www.bikerburials.com? You
| cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You just need to take your
index.htm file from the root directory of your site and
| publish it directly up to the server. If you put your files into an additional folder, they wont show up."
| |
| | I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to http://www.bikerburials.com.
I am so uneducated in this whole thing that I am
| not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I definitely have additional folders
set up for images and buttons, but why would that be
| |
| |
| | Thanks.
| |
| |
| | Thanks.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Gail,
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| |
| | should be fixed.
| | running out of space, please let us know at the helpdesk at
christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask
| | scripts to your hard drive and make any changes to the script using
notepad and then ftp it back to

D

David Baxter

Moron alert!

Go away said:
My gosh, you must be a blond. Who cares about your personal trials
and tribulations and your yard work.

----- Gail wrote: -----

Crash,
Thanks, how very kind of you. I actually had a fun day even
though it was doing grueling yard work.
As soon as I hear from Thomas on what he did to resolve my
problem, I will be happy to share it with the rest of you fine folks.
Have a great evening! I'm not staying on long otherwise I'll be
tempted to make some more changes :-(
----- Crash Gordon® wrote: -----

Have fun today.

I'm sure we'd all like to know; "the rest of the story" of
what went wrong in publishing! Keep us posted :)
message news:[email protected]...
| Good Morning Everyone!
| Wow, what a day I had yesterday. It was in the wee hours
of the morning that I (actually Thomas Rowe) finally got the site
working. I am so grateful for the help from Thomas. I have no idea
what he did (and at some point I would like to know) but it worked! As
promised, I am not going to do a thing to my site today. It is a
beautiful day so I am going to be outside enjoying it.
|
| I reckon I should fill in my host that things are working
now. I will wait until I know how it was fixed so I can tell them so
that they too will then be more knowledgeable.
|
| Again, and I can't stress this enough, THANK YOU EVER SO
MUCH! This could lead a girl to drink :-^
|
|
|
| --
|
|
|
| "Gail" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
| | Thomas,
| |
| |
| | "What folder are you telling your files to publish
to? Are you telling it to publish directly to
http://www.bikerburials.com? You
| cant have it in an additional folder or anything. You
just need to take your index.htm file from the root directory of your
site and
| publish it directly up to the server. If you put your
files into an additional folder, they wont show up."
| |
| | I know for a fact that I am publishing directly to
http://www.bikerburials.com. I am so uneducated in this whole thing
that I am
| not exactly sure anymore what I am doing. I
definitely have additional folders set up for images and buttons, but
why would that be
| |
| |
| | Thanks.
| |
| |
| | Thanks.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Gail,
| |
| |
| | --
| |
| |
| | | | > Well, my friends, I have done everything
that my host suggested and now I have nothing. I just
| | don't know what to do anymore. I am including
their remarks to see if they were even close to
| | having a clue. Of course, if they didn't, I
guess it doesn't matter at this point because I don't
| | >> "Yes, that is what I am suggesting you do.
You have changed names on things so many times that I
| | think you are going to need to go through the
process of readding the interactive button again. To
| | delete the current pages off the server, you
can go into your file manager and delete the pages that
| | are there. Then once you have them ready to
publish again you can just republish with FP and it
| | should be fixed.
| | >>> "OK, I am not sure how you are publishing
but your files dont seem to be making it to the server.
| | >> If you have a Front Page web site on your
hard drive and you are needing to publish it to the
| | server, you would go to file, publish web and
type in http://YourIpAddress and Front Page will
| | publish your site to the server. Prior to
doing this, you must first install front page extensions
| | >> To prevent your Front Page extensions from
corupting, here are a few things to keep in mind:
| | > 1. If you are publishing from your hard
drive to the server, only go through the Front Page
| | publishing feature to move your files from
your hard drive to the server. Don't use FTP.
| | > 2. Be sure not to let your package run out
of space. If you see that you are getting close to
| | running out of space, please let us know at
the helpdesk at christianwebhost.com/helpdesk and ask
| | for your package to be increased to the next
package. You can also delete any mail that you may have
| | stored on the server or delete files to
prevent from running out of space.
| | > 6. Be sure to name all files, folder and
subwebs - all lower case, no spaces. This will help with
| | links and search engines but also, if we ever
need to manually uninstall and reinstall front page
| | extensions, spaces can prevent the extensions
from uninstalling and reinstalling correctly.
| | >> ftping files to the server while front page
extensions are installed will corrupt the extensions.
| | You can probably ftp audio and .cgi or .pl
files to the server without any problem. When you ftp
| | anything like cgi scripts to the server, be
sure to NOT open those files within your Front Page
| | program as that would definitely cause the
extensions to corrupt. You would want to download the
| | scripts to your hard drive and make any
changes to the script using notepad and then ftp it back to
| | the server.
| | >> If you have previous files on the server
that were ftp'd and you will now be using Front Page,
| | please back up all files that have been
uploaded to the server, and post at the helpdesk and ask the
| | techs to delete all files from the server.
This will delete any possible .htaccess files that may be
| | out there from previous ftp publishing that
will prevent Front Page extensions from installing
| | correctly.
| | > ==================
| | >> As your Front Page site grows be sure to
use subwebs. A Front Page site that grows to over 50 MB
| | will start having publishing problems if you
aren't using subwebs. To turn some of your folders into
| | subwebs, open your site in front page and
right click on the folders that you have created and click
| | 'convert to web'.
| | >> I am now getting a message "You are not
authorized to view this page HTTP 403. (Forbidden). What

G

Gail

Well it seems I have offended someone. I am sorry if I was not following protocol. However, I have worked long and hard trying to create my site since I taught myself the FP program. I believe, though, that you must not be too bright yourself. What the heck does the color of my hair have anything to do with it? Also, apparently, some people care or they wouldn't have helped me as they did. I guess I included my personal trials and tribulations as a way to show the side of me that has a real life, and not a person that hangs out in NG's and makes ignorant comments (such as yourself) to those who are truly trying to accomplish something. Not everything comes easy to everyone, as it apparently does to you. Please show me your work and maybe I will learn a thing or do. And, I have every right to belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer. It's just that I respect that right and don't make moronic statments like you that are offensive

Have a nice day!

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Gail
- as in every group, unfortunately some people just don't have manners, and have nothing to contribute
- in public forums you just need to learn to ignore them

| Well it seems I have offended someone. I am sorry if I was not following protocol. However, I have worked long and hard trying
to create my site since I taught myself the FP program. I believe, though, that you must not be too bright yourself. What the heck
does the color of my hair have anything to do with it? Also, apparently, some people care or they wouldn't have helped me as they
did. I guess I included my personal trials and tribulations as a way to show the side of me that has a real life, and not a person
that hangs out in NG's and makes ignorant comments (such as yourself) to those who are truly trying to accomplish something. Not
everything comes easy to everyone, as it apparently does to you. Please show me your work and maybe I will learn a thing or do.
And, I have every right to belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer. It's just that I respect that right and don't make
moronic statments like you that are offensive.
|
| Have a nice day!

W

wp

Bravo!!!!!

Pay no attention to the delinquent child of some noncaring parent who is so bored has nothing better to do than cruise the NGs and act as tho he/she knows everything about everything

----- Gail wrote: ----

Well it seems I have offended someone. I am sorry if I was not following protocol. However, I have worked long and hard trying to create my site since I taught myself the FP program. I believe, though, that you must not be too bright yourself. What the heck does the color of my hair have anything to do with it? Also, apparently, some people care or they wouldn't have helped me as they did. I guess I included my personal trials and tribulations as a way to show the side of me that has a real life, and not a person that hangs out in NG's and makes ignorant comments (such as yourself) to those who are truly trying to accomplish something. Not everything comes easy to everyone, as it apparently does to you. Please show me your work and maybe I will learn a thing or do. And, I have every right to belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer. It's just that I respect that right and don't make moronic statments like you that are offensive

Have a nice day!

G

Gail

Thanks! As a newbie, I didn't realize there were ignorant people like that who could be so rude. I will do my best to stick to the subject, though, because I know you folks get bombarded all the time with questions

Stefan, I was wondering if you saw the post about how you mentioned that I shouldn't use Word Art. However, you gave me instructions on how to have FP create .gif images for other users. Tools Page Options Authoring and turn on Down-level Images under VML. Guess what, it is already on. Does this mean that my Word Art could be a .gif image but I just need to do something to make it such

Most people I have talked with say they can see the logo. However, I did have one person say they could not see it. I do not know what browser they are using as I didn't know at the time that this was going to be a problem.

Thanks

Gai
- as in every group, unfortunately some people just don't have manners, and have nothing to contribut
- in public forums you just need to learn to ignore the

--

| Well it seems I have offended someone. I am sorry if I was not following protocol. However, I have worked long and hard tryin
to create my site since I taught myself the FP program. I believe, though, that you must not be too bright yourself. What the hec
does the color of my hair have anything to do with it? Also, apparently, some people care or they wouldn't have helped me as the
did. I guess I included my personal trials and tribulations as a way to show the side of me that has a real life, and not a perso
that hangs out in NG's and makes ignorant comments (such as yourself) to those who are truly trying to accomplish something. No
everything comes easy to everyone, as it apparently does to you. Please show me your work and maybe I will learn a thing or do
And, I have every right to belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer. It's just that I respect that right and don't mak
moronic statments like you that are offensive

| Have a nice day

C

Crash Gordon®

You didn't violate any protocol.

We have a rude troll that likes to insult people and email viruses every now and then. He/she probably suffers from faulty potty training.

| Well it seems I have offended someone. I am sorry if I was not following protocol. However, I have worked long and hard trying to create my site since I taught myself the FP program. I believe, though, that you must not be too bright yourself. What the heck does the color of my hair have anything to do with it? Also, apparently, some people care or they wouldn't have helped me as they did. I guess I included my personal trials and tribulations as a way to show the side of me that has a real life, and not a person that hangs out in NG's and makes ignorant comments (such as yourself) to those who are truly trying to accomplish something. Not everything comes easy to everyone, as it apparently does to you. Please show me your work and maybe I will learn a thing or do. And, I have every right to belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer. It's just that I respect that right and don't make moronic statments like you that are offensive.
|
| Have a nice day!

S

Stefan B Rusynko

I sent you and Thomas transparent .gifs you can use instead of the VML word art

As for why they are not there in FP w/ the option selected
- I understand you may have created the word art in MS Word, not FP

| Thanks! As a newbie, I didn't realize there were ignorant people like that who could be so rude. I will do my best to stick to
the subject, though, because I know you folks get bombarded all the time with questions.
|
| Stefan, I was wondering if you saw the post about how you mentioned that I shouldn't use Word Art. However, you gave me
instructions on how to have FP create .gif images for other users. Tools Page Options Authoring and turn on Down-level Images under
VML. Guess what, it is already on. Does this mean that my Word Art could be a .gif image but I just need to do something to make
it such?
|
| Most people I have talked with say they can see the logo. However, I did have one person say they could not see it. I do not
know what browser they are using as I didn't know at the time that this was going to be a problem.
|
| Thanks!
|
|
| Gail
| - as in every group, unfortunately some people just don't have manners, and have nothing to contribute
| - in public forums you just need to learn to ignore them
|
| --
|
|
|
| | Well it seems I have offended someone. I am sorry if I was not following protocol. However, I have worked long and hard
trying
| to create my site since I taught myself the FP program. I believe, though, that you must not be too bright yourself. What
the heck
| does the color of my hair have anything to do with it? Also, apparently, some people care or they wouldn't have helped me as
they
| did. I guess I included my personal trials and tribulations as a way to show the side of me that has a real life, and not a
person
| that hangs out in NG's and makes ignorant comments (such as yourself) to those who are truly trying to accomplish something.
Not
| everything comes easy to everyone, as it apparently does to you. Please show me your work and maybe I will learn a thing or
do.
| And, I have every right to belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer. It's just that I respect that right and don't
make
| moronic statments like you that are offensive.
| |
| | Have a nice day!
|
|
|

G

Gail

Hi Stefan
Actually, I created the word art in FP 2003. I also noticed when I looked at the logo in code, it is a .gif image. I am aware that I could take a screen shot (I'm not sure how to do that), which is probably what you did for me, but I didn't think it looked the same. What I mean by that is I had formatted the word art with "chrome" and "granite" but the ones you sent me don't appear that way. Thomas mentioned he was going to work with me on it, but I told him NO HURRY! My site is working and for now that's good enough for me. However, I know that I still have things to work on.

Thanks so much for everything!

I sent you and Thomas transparent .gifs you can use instead of the VML word ar

As for why they are not there in FP w/ the option selecte
- I understand you may have created the word art in MS Word, not F

--

| Thanks! As a newbie, I didn't realize there were ignorant people like that who could be so rude. I will do my best to stick t
the subject, though, because I know you folks get bombarded all the time with questions

| Stefan, I was wondering if you saw the post about how you mentioned that I shouldn't use Word Art. However, you gave m
instructions on how to have FP create .gif images for other users. Tools Page Options Authoring and turn on Down-level Images unde
VML. Guess what, it is already on. Does this mean that my Word Art could be a .gif image but I just need to do something to mak
it such

| Most people I have talked with say they can see the logo. However, I did have one person say they could not see it. I do no
know what browser they are using as I didn't know at the time that this was going to be a problem

| Thanks

| Gai
| - as in every group, unfortunately some people just don't have manners, and have nothing to contribut
| - in public forums you just need to learn to ignore the

| --

| | Well it seems I have offended someone. I am sorry if I was not following protocol. However, I have worked long and har
tryin
| to create my site since I taught myself the FP program. I believe, though, that you must not be too bright yourself. Wha
the hec
| does the color of my hair have anything to do with it? Also, apparently, some people care or they wouldn't have helped me a
the
| did. I guess I included my personal trials and tribulations as a way to show the side of me that has a real life, and not
perso
| that hangs out in NG's and makes ignorant comments (such as yourself) to those who are truly trying to accomplish something
No
| everything comes easy to everyone, as it apparently does to you. Please show me your work and maybe I will learn a thing o
do
| And, I have every right to belong in front of frontpage, let alone a computer. It's just that I respect that right and don'
make
| moronic statments like you that are offensive.
| |
| | Have a nice day!
|
|
|

Ask a Question