When choosing projects from Project list, over 1 minute delay

D

donconnors

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: pop

when I choose a project from my project list, I get a 1 minute+ delay before Entourage 2008 responds. Then after choosing a few different projects and waiting each time, if I choose a different function within the project, such as switching from Mail to Schedule, I get another 1 minute+ delay. This makes Entourage 2008 useless.
I've compressed and verified the database...
running on Mac PowerBook G4 1.67hz with 2gig memory and OSX 10.4.11

Any thoughts out there?

T

Tom Healy

when I choose a project from my project list, I get a 1 minute+ delay
before Entourage 2008 responds. Then after choosing a few different projects
and waiting each time, if I choose a different function within the project,
such as switching from Mail to Schedule, I get another 1 minute+ delay.
This makes Entourage 2008 useless. I've compressed and verified the database...
running on Mac PowerBook G4 1.67hz with 2gig memory and OSX 10.4.11

Any thoughts out there?

I just tried setting up a project. Even worse than your result, I had to force-quit after just mousing over the project either in the project list on the left side or on the project in the right window. As did you, I rebuilt the database, even though it registered OK on verify. Projects were very useful to me in Entourage 2004.

T

Tom Healy

Well, I solved the problem after discovering:
(1) projects created fine in a "new" account;
(2) moving the Main Database to the new account made projects freeze Entourage, just as in the old account.

I exported the database one section at a time to .rge files, trashed the main identity, and then recreated it. Finally I imported the.rge files, one at a time, testing project creation after each one. It worked OK each time.

Conclusion: even though database verification checked out OK, there was something wrong in the database that caused the freezes. Hopefully Microsoft can figure out what it was from the error reports I sent in and how Rebuild can repair it.

Ask a Question