Word 2007 Randomly "Select All" Text and Locks

J

jlehrhoff

Been battling this for a while with an executive staff member and running out of options. Says he's working in a document (have seen it myself) and suddenly all of the text highlights (as if CTRL-A was selected) and the document locks up. You cannot click outside of it or the text to deselect. Sometimes it unlocks but usually they have to close and reopen the document which is becoming quite frustration. Happening at home with a wireless keyboard and in the office with a wired keyboard (Both on Windows 7 x64 Professional with Office 2007 Standard SP3)

If anyone can figure this out I am one step away from installing a keystroke logger to find out what is going on ...

Here is what I tried:

Ran a trial of Hitman Pro to check for any viruses that Symantec Endpoint 12 may not have picked up. Nothing.
Ran the Diagnostics/Repair. Says it fixed "1" thing but no info on what that was and the issue persists anyway.
Deleted the subkey as per this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791
Checked for DRM and confirmed the product was activated
Swapped out his wireless keyboard at home with a wired one...
Tried running Word in Safe Mode
Confirmed Sticky Keys and ClickLock are not on...

--
To improve the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare through the
innovative ways chaplains promote and advance palliative care research,
education and practice.

Privileged/confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
delivery of the message to such person), please notify the sender and do
not copy or forward this message to any other person.

Ask a Question