Word 2016 does not print envelopes

Reaction score
After creating an envelope and clicking the print button nothing happens. There is no signal to the printer.
A 'normal' A4 file is printed correctly.

And by the way, printing a WordPerfect envelope does not present a problem.

What is the case?
Ruurd Koopmans

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

Reaction score
After creating an envelope and clicking the print button nothing happens. There is no signal to the printer.
A 'normal' A4 file is printed correctly.

And by the way, printing a WordPerfect envelope does not present a problem.

What is the case?
Ruurd Koopmans

New installation of MS Office 2016 did not help. As soon as I give the print command the printer switches to "red". And there is no print assignment in the do list..

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
In that case, I suggest checking the printer maker's website for an updated driver, then uninstalling the present driver and reinstalling the latest one.

Reaction score
In that case, I suggest checking the printer maker's website for an updated driver, then uninstalling the present driver and reinstalling the latest one.

That did not help either.
An Envelope from the online template however is printed allright.

Reaction score
Which windows version do you have? Maybe you need a new driver for your printer to have it work correctly in your pc.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I already suggested that - and the OP replied that it didn't help. See the last two posts before yours...

Reaction score
Have you tried repairing the Office installation (via Windows Control Panel > Programs > Programs & Features > Microsoft Office (version) > Change > Repair)?

I use Windows 10, MS Office 2016 Prof plus and a HP Laserjet P 1102.
Correction: there is a signal to the printer but the wrong signal: the printer turns from "green to red" and must be switched off in order to use again.

Ask a Question